Vu Ultimo tuner sensitivity

rytas

Vu+ User
If I would be vu manufacturer -I would be very woried(vu uno -vu ultimo tuners is absolute shy-tested myself one).Vu duo no problems here.Hope duo 2 gets better tuners otherwise it will be top multimedia box with shy tuners.

scorpion007

Vu+ User
I have a 90cm dish on my ultimo and signal strength is fantastic 99% on hotbird and never broken up even on weak satellites you need a quality LNB with this receiver the tuners have no problems.

digicon

Vu+ Newbie
I have a 90cm dish on my ultimo and signal strength is fantastic 99% on hotbird and never broken up even on weak satellites you need a quality LNB with this receiver the tuners have no problems.

Depends where you are in the world i can pick up hotbird on a 43cm Sky dish and still have around 95% dish size has more to do with signal as well as a Quality LNB but the bigger the dish the better the signal no miracle LNB can outbeat a bigger dish

scorpion007

Vu+ User
Yes I do agree with you, I used my dish size as an example, I just wanted to clarify the ultimo does not have bad tuners as some say I believe there is a compatability issue with the inverto lnb range when used with the ultimo.

f0u

Vu+ Newbie
Having almost identical problem, but with a dvb-c vu+ uno receiver. Same tuners as in ultimo ?
Have 2 dm receivers that has no problems. 99% signal, Agc around 30% and 0 ber.
But with my Uno have around 65-69% signal, agc around 75 and high ber rates. Replaced the tuner to a new one, same problem. Then changed receiver to a completely new one and same problem. Tried a lots of different cables and same cables as the dm receivers but no difference.

Can this be the same problem that you gous discovered ? Manufacture problems with the tuners ?

Tried all kind of images that is out there, with same results.

scorpion007

Vu+ User
Having almost identical problem, but with a dvb-c vu+ uno receiver. Same tuners as in ultimo ?
Have 2 dm receivers that has no problems. 99% signal, Agc around 30% and 0 ber.
But with my Uno have around 65-69% signal, agc around 75 and high ber rates. Replaced the tuner to a new one, same problem. Then changed receiver to a completely new one and same problem. Tried a lots of different cables and same cables as the dm receivers but no difference.

Can this be the same problem that you gous discovered ? Manufacture problems with the tuners ?

Tried all kind of images that is out there, with same results.
Have you tried replacing the lnb ? is it an inverto if so try a invacom.

E92WINS

Vu+ Newbie
Good day to all of you,

I have been using a VU+ Ultimo for a couple of days and it is all set up, with latest firmware and so. Before I say I LOVE this receiver, I need to solve (hopefully) some tuner issues! HOW can it be that with the same setup (same dish, motor, LNB), the signals have dropped an average 15-20% on most channels, meaning I do not get some channels on Hotbird and Astra due to very low signal % and the ones I get for example:

RAI 1
CANALE 5
RETE 4

have dropped from 89-90% (what it should be) down to 70-71%!!!

I have a 100 cm dish with a black inverto twin LNB. Maybe this receiver does not like this particular LNB?

I'm really disappointed and I hope this can be solved? Perhaps others have experienced the same issue/s when they did their first setup and can advise me which image/updates or other aspects can bring things back to "normal". Now I don't expect the very same % point, but I do believe the drop is too evident as not to point out to some problem....

I thank anyone in advance for precious tips, suggestions or actions I should take.:)

Cheers, Marco

E92WINS

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,
sorry forgot to mention that de drop I refer to is compared to the old VANTAGE 8000S receiver. I know tuners have different performance/sensitivity, but a drop in almost 20% on many channel simply is not justified!

rytas

Vu+ User
Hi,
sorry forgot to mention that de drop I refer to is compared to the old VANTAGE 8000S receiver. I know tuners have different performance/sensitivity, but a drop in almost 20% on many channel simply is not justified!
Here new duo 2 will be out .Just wonder if there will be same (cr*p) tuners to keep manufacturer's costs down to make more profit

Matrix10

Administrator
First of all your comparisons are completely relative.
the signal strength at one receiver, is not the same as the signal strength on the other receivers.
There are huge variations that have nothing to do with the real reception quality and signal strength.
I compared with the other Enigma receivers
and there are real differences were small.
I'm talking about the real differences and not SNR graphic differences.

Let's look at the signals on the 13 E

I use a 80cm dish in Western Europe.

Some HD channels have the strength up to 99%
especially in summer.

SD channels are somewhat weaker
Rai 1 with clouds over 80%
It is over +- 30% more than the minimum sufficient for reception.

What are we discussing here now ??
Of course this is not a DX spot receiver
but there are is quite solid tuner.

mdt

Vu+ Newbie
i would just like to add my perticular findings on this situation. i have a vu uno and im currently using a triax td110 dish with a inverto black ultra lnb and i have also seen issues with certain txp,s on astr2/astr1 and hotbird. using a cheap icecrypt o.1db cbs action on 28.5e has a quality of 70% while the black ultra gives 45-50%, bbc world on 19.2e gives 75-80% on the icecrypt and 45-50% on the black ultra. on 11.411.h on 13e using the icecrypt the signal comes in at 80-82% but with with the black ultra i get no signal whatsoever. ive also used a gibertini 1.25 dish with matched feedhorn and inverto white tech twin/black pro twin without any signal issues. ive checked the td110/black ultra combo using a icecrypt s3000hdci stb and confirm that all txp,s recievable at my location are recieved without issue. my system is proffesionally installed and i also have access to my own rover master stc field meter and no amount of tweaking can resolve the issue. my findings are that the tuners in the vu uno have incompatability issues with certain frequencys/txp,s when used with a inverto black ultra lnb. regards mdt

E92WINS

Vu+ Newbie
Hi guys,
thanks for your responses. I have been away for a while, but now I've read your comments.
Indeed these comparisons (between different receivers) are not always "fair", BUT I still believe, also based on what I've read in several places, that perhaps the LNB might be the culprit in this particular case. I have an Inverto Black Ultra twin LNB and perhaps I will make a switch to another LNB to see what happens..... Will let you know.
Anyone have tried the SHARP models - recommendable? Or better to go with Invacom?
Regards

digicon

Vu+ Newbie
Hi guys,
thanks for your responses. I have been away for a while, but now I've read your comments.
Indeed these comparisons (between different receivers) are not always "fair", BUT I still believe, also based on what I've read in several places, that perhaps the LNB might be the culprit in this particular case. I have an Inverto Black Ultra twin LNB and perhaps I will make a switch to another LNB to see what happens..... Will let you know.
Anyone have tried the SHARP models - recommendable? Or better to go with Invacom?
Regards

Another LNB to consider is the Octagon Optima which has a slightly better gain value than the Black Ultra, I believe the Invacom is very good but only in Quad form and not single or twin form what i have read.

Matrix10

Administrator
As you can see
LNB plays along with the antenna main role
Which is normal.
LNB is input of the receiver and not the receiver tuner.
Many think that with some kind of super receiver can receive weak satellites
which is too optimistic.

palces

Vu+ Newbie
Last days I have same problem, like more people. I have VU+DUO. My signal is downa arround 20% like before some days.
So transporders 12 GHz upper 8PSK and PILOT ON si no possible watching. Signal is "pulsing" from 20% to 67%, without any screen, or sound.
I was tray another receivers ARIVA FERGUSON A200 Signal 89% no problem.
I was change dish to bigger, i was try change my inverto black quad to solo LNB, but problem styll sontinue.
It is looks, that may be some parts in VU are wrong.
I think capacity C848 1000 uF/10V must by changed. Other I was already changed.

BTW: in one transporder 8PSK, PILOT ON, under 12 GHz working, but not standard way. It is pulzing arround 15 seconds from 20% to 68%. After 15 seconds it hold signal on 68% and start working.

May be it will be help somebody

Abdi

Vu+ Newbie
hi guys,
is there any update to fix this issue, i am using vu+ ultimo dvb-c cable.
thanks for your help.
BR