Uno VU+ UNO 4K Doesn't boot or reflash

cjvaland

Vu+ Newbie
The box does not boot, I have downloaded the latest update from code.vuplus.com and that won't install either the box is doesn't display anything on the screen and is stuck at the "off/standby" dim light.27e66844198236891d7de93954b47064.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Mick12334

Have you followed the loading instructions?
Have you downloaded the correct software, from VU+, each receiver has its own software version.
Try loading Black Hole.
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/black-hole-3-0-5-i-quad-pip-vu-uno4k.36310/
Unzip the file until you have the vuplus folder.
Load this onto a FAT 32 formatted USB stick
Turn off your receiver, at the rear.
Insert the USB stick, into the receiver,.
Turn on your receiver and let it load.

AlexWilMac

And the most important advice: prepare yourself to try several USB flash drives. Don't think that every sticks will work: some don't.

cjvaland

Vu+ Newbie
Have you followed the loading instructions?
Have you downloaded the correct software, from VU+, each receiver has its own software version.
Try loading Black Hole.
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/black-hole-3-0-5-i-quad-pip-vu-uno4k.36310/
Unzip the file until you have the vuplus folder.
Load this onto a FAT 32 formatted USB stick
Turn off your receiver, at the rear.
Insert the USB stick, into the receiver,.
Turn on your receiver and let it load.
Thanks, I'll get hold of this and try to load it.

cjvaland

Vu+ Newbie
And the most important advice: prepare yourself to try several USB flash drives. Don't think that every sticks will work: some don't.
I have tried 3 different ones so far, I read a few posts that suggested that the usb stick couldn't be read.
According to my seller, this is a problematic model and discontinued, he has had 3 replaced in the last 2 months, so I am not holding my breath in getting this sorted anytime soon.
It would be useful to know if the is a sequence to follow to force an update...

Mick12334

I haven't heard of any problems, with the VU+ Uno 4K.
Try unplugging the receiver, then removing everything else, including your LNB cable, only have your HDMI cable, connected to your television, then turn it on, and see if it boots up.

Which make/model USB sticks have you tried?

AlexWilMac

It's YOU that has to solve: is not the first time that people need to try many USB flash drives to find the right one. Better old USB2, usually.
And, also, it's important how you prepare it. Read our guides.

Matrix10

Administrator
To add

if you have a Hard Disk Connected
you must remove the HDD from the tray,flash box and test.
Some HDDs can cause a problem.

cjvaland

Vu+ Newbie
Hi there, I took the unit to the London rep.
100 Colindeep Ln, London NW9 6HB
There was a physical fault with it and was repaired.
I have been dealing with someone called Julian, you can also contact him on this number.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

In 99% there is a wrong formated usb stick that is the problem you where the unlucky guy of the 1% who has a faulty STB but nice it was fixed so you can enjoy it again :)

But just a tip to all from an old Windows Certified Tech Guy

When formatting your USB Stick to fat32 remeber to press the button in format window that says "Restore UnitStandard"
And to be very sure that Windows dont do any strange thing to your usb stick do a NTFS format first and then Format again to Fat32

Its almost allways never anything wrong with the usb stick but windows deals with the never diffrent than the older so to be on safe side
Allways press button "Restore Unitstandard" This tells Windows that this is a usb stick and not a USB HDD that will be mounted by the Windows Device Manager

AlexWilMac

Or, as there is not only windows, fortunately, if you own a mac simply format it as MSDOS. I've never had any problem with ANY of the many USB sticks I've tried so far. ;)

Asif Nawaz

Vu+ Newbie
Hi there, I took the unit to the London rep.
There was a physical fault with it and was repaired.
I have been dealing with someone called Julian, you can also contact him on this number.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
I have th same problem in vu+ uno 4k se. Please let me know the whatsapp no. Of Julian. And the no. You mentioned above has which country code? Because the above no. Does not have country code.

a911

The BH Lover
I have th same problem in vu+ uno 4k se. Please let me know the whatsapp no. Of Julian. And the no. You mentioned above has which country code? Because the above no. Does not have country code.

UK
London rep.