VU+ Uno 4K. Kodi freezes, waiting for HDD to wake up

menace404

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all,
I have a slight issue with Kodi plugin running on my VU+ Uno 4k receiver with a 2TB external HDD connected to the back USB port. I am running latest blackhole image 3.0.3.C
The problem is.....whenever I finish watching a movie (in Exodus add-on for example), when I exit out of the movie and go to browse Exodus to watch another movie, Kodi sits and freezes waiting for the external HDD to wake up. It can take anything up to 2 to 3 mins waiting for the HDD to wake up. It is very irritating. I need to go and unplug the usb cable from the back port of the receiver to allow Kodi to unfreeze immediately.
I have set the HDD to 'no standby' and other setting such as acoustic settings etc in the blackhole HDD configuration settings but it has made no difference.
I guess my question is: why is Kodi dependent on a live/awake external HDD to operate when one exists?

CapricornDog

Vu+ Newbie
I have found that setting the HDD to no standby when using it in an external usb housing will make no difference as the circuitry in the usb housing has its own sleep time that can not be overridden.
I suggest if you can to use the HDD internally, I don't know if that possible as I don't know the Uno 4K.