VU+ Zero and streaming to PC (cross cable)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belqo

Vu+ Newbie
Hello everyone :)

I was streaming at home from my VU+ Solo 2 to PC via dreamstream using our home network without any problems.

Now there is a problem that I need to do the same thing in my dad's truck. He has no router or internet connection there. All he has is laptop (Win 7), crossed cable and new VU+ Zero.

I already tried to just connect em with cables but can't access the Vu+ without internet connection. When I tried to connect it to our home network it works great.

So my question is.. how to create a network between laptop and Vu+ without any real internet connection? I can't find any way and I'm already frustrated :D

Thanks for every help. Best regards, Belqo

Belqo

Vu+ Newbie
Hello everyone, sadly no1 replied.. but I managed to get it to work! Here's how I did it:

1) Set up DHCP off on your VU+ and choose IP (for example 192.168.0.4 for me) and mask to 255.255.255.0
2) Connect your VU+ and PC via crossed lan cable
3) Set your TCP/IPv4 to Manual and choose IP (192.168.0.5 for me) and mask same as at VU+

Open your dreamstream and watch your VU+ on your PC without any internet connection.. just VU+, PC and 1-2$ crossed cable.. it runs so smoothly..

But got one big problem :D It's awesome I can see stream in dreamstream but I can't see the VU+ menu.. only on TV connected via HDMI.

All I can see is the final stream. Why I can't see menu, channel list, etc? Everything I press on my remote doesn't show up on stream. How to setup that? Thanks

inspiron

Vu+ Newbie
Hello everyone, sadly no1 replied.. but I managed to get it to work! Here's how I did it:

1) Set up DHCP off on your VU+ and choose IP (for example 192.168.0.4 for me) and mask to 255.255.255.0
2) Connect your VU+ and PC via crossed lan cable
3) Set your TCP/IPv4 to Manual and choose IP (192.168.0.5 for me) and mask same as at VU+

Open your dreamstream and watch your VU+ on your PC without any internet connection.. just VU+, PC and 1-2$ crossed cable.. it runs so smoothly..

But got one big problem :D It's awesome I can see stream in dreamstream but I can't see the VU+ menu.. only on TV connected via HDMI.

All I can see is the final stream. Why I can't see menu, channel list, etc? Everything I press on my remote doesn't show up on stream. How to setup that? Thanks
Hey, can you help me how to do it excatly? Tryed but failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.