Vu+ Zero + Monoblock - tuner configuration

termostat

Vu+ Newbie
Hi All VuPlus Community members,

I'd be absolutely delighted if someone here with much bigger experience and knowledge could guide me towards a working solution with my Vu+ Zero + Monoblock LNB setup (two Astra cables go to a friend of mine).

It was all working until I decided to upgrade the really old setup of two twin LNBs (looking at Astra 19.2E and Hotbird 13.0E) with a Dual 6 degrees Monoblock Quattro (still looking at Astra 19.2E and Hotbird 13.0E).

I've tried different scenarios of the Tuner Setup but without any luck.

When I go into signal meter it shows pretty good signal but no channels are being played on TV.

All I'm interested in is receiving Hotbird 13.0E channels as Astra still goes to someone else.

Thank you very much for any suggestions!

Old tuner configuration:
Old_tuner_configuration.jpg

New configuration (not working):
New_tuner_configuration.jpg

Mick12334

Do you mean a Quattro LNB or Quad LNB?
A Quattro LNB keeps both Horizontal, and Vertical, High/Low signals separate, it's used for major distribution set ups.
You do not connect a Quattro LNB direct to your receiver, it has to go to a distribution box, as the 4 outputs are for Horizontal High, Horizontal Low, Vertical High, and Vertical Low, frequencies.

If you have a normal Quad LNB all outputs work with a different tuner, or receiver.
If you do have a quad try changing Port A to Astra 1 19.2E and Port B to Hotbird 13E.

termostat

Vu+ Newbie
Do you mean a Quattro LNB or Quad LNB?
A Quattro LNB keeps both Horizontal, and Vertical, High/Low signals separate, it's used for major distribution set ups.
You do not connect a Quattro LNB direct to your receiver, it has to go to a distribution box, as the 4 outputs are for Horizontal High, Horizontal Low, Vertical High, and Vertical Low, frequencies.

If you have a normal Quad LNB all outputs work with a different tuner, or receiver.
If you do have a quad try changing Port A to Astra 1 19.2E and Port B to Hotbird 13E.

Hi Mick,
Thank you very much for taking time to respond.

I confirm my LNB is a Quad Monoblock (please see attached photo).

The problem I have is that under Tuer setup it doesn't let me choose me anything but Hotbird 13.0E. Basically the choice I have there for port A and B is Hotbird 13.0E or not in use.

Could this be a possible BH image issue? I'm on version BH 2.1.5.

Thanks!

Monoblock.jpg

Mick12334

No, it's not a Black Hole image problem, it's an Enigma 2 receiver problem, as they are more difficult to set up.
Before you can select a satellite first you have to add it, in the tuner set up menu, providing your satellites.xml file has the satellites listed.
Your Quad monoblock LNB now allows 4 outputs, each of which carries both 13E and 19.2E, so you, and your friend, can now view both satellites, providing it was set up correctly.
Have you tried setting Port B to 13E, and Port A to not configured, and scanning in the channels?

termostat

Vu+ Newbie
No, it's not a Black Hole image problem, it's an Enigma 2 receiver problem, as they are more difficult to set up.
Before you can select a satellite first you have to add it, in the tuner set up menu, providing your satellites.xml file has the satellites listed.
Your Quad monoblock LNB now allows 4 outputs, each of which carries both 13E and 19.2E, so you, and your friend, can now view both satellites, providing it was set up correctly.
Have you tried setting Port B to 13E, and Port A to not configured, and scanning in the channels?

Hi Mick,
Spot on advice!
Configuration as per you recommendation (visible on attached photo) and we're back in action! I won't try to understand it - I'm fine that it is finally up and running ;)
Thank you very much again for your time!
nc7qw.jpg

Mick12334

You can also get Astra 1, 19.2E, as well as 13E, once you configure your tuner set up.
What language have you got configured, on your receiver?
Your English is that good I assumed that you were English but the receivers menu language looks like it's Polish.

termostat

Vu+ Newbie
You can also get Astra 1, 19.2E, as well as 13E, once you configure your tuner set up.
What language have you got configured, on your receiver?
Your English is that good I assumed that you were English but the receivers menu language looks like it's Polish.

Hi Mick,
Well spotted - it is in Polish.
For a while I was thinking about posting images in English but I thought whoever knows about Vu+ and BH will know exactly which option is which (despite the display language).

Regarding getting Astra 19.2E - what would be required to get it working (would be nice to get the full use of the new monoblock)? I use pre-loaded channel list that can come in multi satellite options - Hotbird 13.0E or Hotbird 13.0E + Astra 19.2E. I assume it would hold all channel / satellite details etc..

I'm not that lazy and of course went through the post mentioned by @cerejo - this time google translator turned out to be pretty useless ;)

Thanks for all your help Guys!

Mick12334

All you need to do is set Port A to 19.2E, then scan in the channels, and set up your Bouquets (Favourites).
You seem to have a problem finding 19.2E, in the Tuner menu options, this could be because your satellites.xml file has been altered, to only have 13E, but this is unlikely.
You can try setting your tuner option to Advanced, scroll down to the satellite options, and use the left/right buttons, on the centre of your remote, to see what satellites are available.
Providing you don't save the changes, on exiting the menu, it will revert back to your current settings.
Has your friend scanned in both 13E and 19.2E?