Vu+ Zero - Network problem

Luis Pinto

Vu+ Newbie
Good afternoon everyone,
Recently I been having a network problem with my box. From time to time the network port stops working, and I have to reinstall the image for it to work normally again. The network port seems to just shut down. The status LEDs are not even on. I can't understand why... Is it a box defect? Can someone help me understand the problem? Or trying to discover it?

I use DHCP always.

Thanks.
Greetings,

Luis Pinto

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
Try changing the RJ45 plug that connects to the box, if you continue, do the same next to the router. DHCP will not be related to the problem... I use mine off, on the router an IP is assigned to each machine that connects there.

nunigaia

Good afternoon everyone,
Recently I been having a network problem with my box. From time to time the network port stops working, and I have to reinstall the image for it to work normally again. The network port seems to just shut down. The status LEDs are not even on. I can't understand why... Is it a box defect? Can someone help me understand the problem? Or trying to discover it?

I use DHCP always.

Thanks.
Greetings,

Luis Pinto

You own a Zero or a Zero4k?

If it is a Zero ( mipsel stb ) = 1st generation STB ( not 4K version ) ... take a look to it --> https://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/vu-zero-cfe-update.21736/

Note: Or just reflash it and apply a new image from scratch.

best regards
nunigaia

Luis Pinto

Vu+ Newbie
In advance, thank you both for the answers.
@p.rodrigues I don't think it's a problem with the door itself, because when I flash the image again everything works as it should.

@nunigaia I own a Zero.. I will experience this change when I get home to see if something changes. I’ve flashed a new image whenever this happens, but it’s a little boring.
Thank you so much!