vuplus & windows 7

gabijgg

Vu+ Newbie
Hi! I usually have my pc connected with my vu to transfer files between them. I used to use Windows Xp on it and the speed transfer of files was very quick. For example, I transfer 70 gb in 2 hours. The case is that I have installed Windows 7 in my pc and the speed transfer have decreased a lot. The system needs eight hours to tranfer 3 gb from the vu to the pc and for me it isn´t normal. What can I do to restore the normal speed in the lan?

amdsquad

Vu+ Newbie
Workaround: install VMWare Virtual Machine and install WinXP in it so you can use it to transfer the files quicker than on Win7.
I do use Windows7 and I was getting around 5 MB/sec copying from tuner to PC with WiFi adapter on my PC and Ethernet cable on Solo2.

Wysłane z mojego iPhone przez Tapatalk

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
What can I do to restore the normal speed in the lan?
Set the "Intelligent background transfer service" to DISABLED.
You will find it among the Services configuration panel.
If you don't know how to get to that panel, open a command prompt and enter:
services.msc
and then press enter.

gabijgg

Vu+ Newbie
Hi guys! I have installed VM Ware with my XP and the speed transfer is the same on W7. Horrible! The case is I have tried to transfer files from pc to the vuplus and the speed is 7mb/sec, but when I do it from vuplus to the pc, the speed is 200 kbs/sec.

I have looked up the services.msc and the service that Eragon means is disabled but I continue with my problem!

Any other solution?

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Which software do you use for the transfer? I use windows7, use FileZilla. I did not notice the reduced speed. If you realy need a comparision, I can run a test on my receiver to see how fast. Just let me know.

gabijgg

Vu+ Newbie
I always use Filezilla to transfer files but I don´t know why I can transfer to the tuner with a big speed but when I transfer from tuner to pc, the speed is horrible! How can we do the test?

NikolasP

Vu+ Newbie
I think filezilla and normally should change it in router......but make sure that your PC and Tuner are connected with cable otherwise your speeds for large files will be slow......

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Based on your connection, the speed depends mainly on your router, very often the default speed is set to 100mpbs-150mpbs by the provider (it seems the provider believes no customer needs speed higher than that). If this is true, your max download speed should be 9-14MB/s. A 2GB movie will need 3-4 minutes to download. I have done the test on my receiver . The uploading and downloading speed are almost the same, it reachs max of my router's limitation.

gabijgg

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, i have been Reading and maybe my problema could be caused by samba. Do you notice someting? Almost samba may be causing a filter. Could it be true?

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
I do not know what is exactly the issue on your site. However, I use BH default setting (I only use the lan, not wlan), except a few ip info. It is very easy to do a test, use a laptop, connet it directly to your receiver. you will know whether the receiver has issue. My comter uses a Gigabit network card which is fast enough for to do any file transfer. I believe most of moden computer's network card will have the similar speed. Also check your computer whether you have an uplaod restriction. I just noticed that you have 7mb/s download speed, but upload speed is 200Kb/s. In such case, check your computer's network setting (sometimes, router may have the ristriction too).

gabijgg

Vu+ Newbie
Ok. Sincerelly I don´t know how to check if there is any upload restriction on the pc. I have checked the router configuration and there is no restriction. I have make a test with telnet to the tuner and the result is this:

Settings for eth0:
Supported ports: [ TP MII ]
Supported link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
Advertised link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
Advertised pause frame use: Symmetric
Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
Link partner advertised link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
Link partner advertised pause frame use: Symmetric