Want to Get VU, but can I know:

Sontawila

Vu+ Newbie
Hi All,

As title says, I'm thinking to get a VU receiver but it seems it require technical expertise to operate them. Can you guys pls help in answering a few questions (I'm from Saudi Arabia):

- Is there a way to backup channel list to import it later? If so, can I use it across VU devices? (Solo2 to Duo2 and vice versa)
- What is black hole? Do I have to install it or does the system come preloded with it?
- Can I use Abu Dhabi smart cards on Solo2/Duo2?
- How many slots available for the same type as Abu Dhabi smart cards?
- Can I install internal hard drives in Solo2 or is it just external?
- Is there timshift functionality out-of-box?

Much appreciate it.

Mick12334

You can back up your channel lists, on the internal hard drive, onto a USB stick, and even onto your PC. You can also use other channel lists, and auto options.
Black Hole is an image, think of it as software, like a Linux operating system, on a PC, you load it yourself, or you can ask your supplier to load it for you, it only takes a minute, or so. There are also other images, that you can use, but I have only used Black Hole, I did try one other, but didn't like the limited options provided.
Yes you can fil an internal hard drive on the Solo 2, but I think only a 2.5" Sata, my VU+ Duo2 can handle a 3.5", or 2.5", sata hard drive, I fitted an old 3.5" one out of my PC.
The Solo2 has:
1 x DVB Common-Interface Slot
2 x Smart Card Reader (Xcrypt)
The Duo2 has:
2 x DVB Common Interface slot
2 x Smartcard-Reader (Xcrypt)

I think there is a timeshift function, once you load the image, but I haven't used it yet.
The other questions, regarding cards, are against the forum rules.

Sontawila

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks a lot for the reply. Much appreciated.

My card questions is only because I dont know which card type does Abu Dhabi uses and I want to make sure Solo2 has more than one. From your reply I understand that Solo2 has 1x DVB Slot, is this the normal card reader slot? or is it the Xcrypt?

Also, what is the difference between: Solo2 2006 M, W & WM. And Duo2 2006 W & WM and Duo2 2007 A & AM

Thanks again

Last edited: