Weird behaviour with media files

legau

Vu+ Newbie
Hello all,

I have some weird results trying to play MKV and other media files with my duo2. Usually, everything runs fine, no bugs, no crashes.

Recently, I had two movies I wasn't able to read at all.

The strange thing is that I tried the same movie with different codecs (xvid/x264/mkv/avi/etc.) and same result.

Other thing I noticed with MKV : sometimes my audio stream doesn't want to start. Sometimes it crashes the box. Sometimes Subtitles are not displayed.

Well, to be honnest, I am a bit disappointed. Everything was working fine until 2.0.8 , then now with 2.1.0.1 same weird bugs and instabilities. (but I can't say if the Image Version is in cause, and I really don't think so. This is just to mention my version history).

I don't blame you guys, you do a fantastic job with BlackHole but I just would like to know what could be in cause ? Drivers ? Codecs ?

Do you have any suggestion to improve my experience or to troubleshoot ?

Thanks for your time and work. Cheers

legau

Vu+ Newbie
no it doesn't.

Problem here is with the media file itself. All other features are working fine.

I suspect a driver issue but I would like to know if others here have noticed the same behaviour with some files ??

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
First, I have no answer about the issues you asked.

But the audio issues seems existed in many cases. When you read the artcles here, it seems many reports are related to the audio. I have some audio issues with the latest driver. It has been proofed it is the driver. This issue has been reported to VU+, we expect that next driver will resove these issues and yours. The audio issues are often related the driver but not the BH (I have been told). According to some internet information, the audio files can have many standards and formats, if one of the format which the decode cannot handle, the issue will be there. I have read one of very popular media player's specification (not for receiver), it claims that the player can handle more than one hundrad common formats. I believe that is the root of the issue. just guess.