WEP protected wifi network pb

anasbenz

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all,
I cannot get my vu solo (BlackHole) connected to my wep protected wifi network.One the protection removed it does connect successfully.
Can you help me please??

rekrut385

Vu+ Newbie
Vu Solo configured WiFi Ralink is not possible to save the settings in the mode of WPA2 / WPA. Correct settings are stored only in the WEP Mode

ardilla

Vu+ Newbie
hi all

After box restarts the wifi is lost.
BH 1.7.8 VU+ Uno (first Installation)
USB Wifi ---> VU+ VU plus Wireless Wlan USB Adapter 150 Mbps 2.4GHz (see attached file photo). Is very well recognized through Image.
Ralink RT2870STA over the BH Wireless Network Status; i see over the BH Select Network Adapter the conexion wlan: rt5370sta. Which of boths is really the Model?
The passphrase contens special simbols like @ * and the passphrase is correctly converted in the file /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
The LAN Ethernet network interface Conexion is deactivated

The file /etc/interfaces is edited like this
Code:
# automatically generated by enigma 2
# do NOT change manually!

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto ra0
iface ra0 inet dhcp
    pre-up wpa_supplicant -ira0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -B -Dwext
    post-down wpa_cli terminate

iface eth0 inet static
    address 0.0.0.0
    netmask 0.0.0.0
    gateway 0.0.0.0

The Plugin Wireless Access Point --> set to Use AP Mode no and if a try to activate it manually it doesn't happens nothing. I have to go to BH menu Setup-System-Wireless LAN Setup to reactivate it. Sometimes is difficulty to get an IP

Any idea to fix this problem?
Thank you in advanced

PD i am sorry, my Encription is WPA and not WEP like the titel of the post.

Attachments

• vu_wlan.jpg
    vu_wlan.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 5

Matrix10

Administrator
I can only say
I use WPA2 and fixed IP
I do not have any problems.
The more it seemed to me that your problem
is a bad connection with the router.

Do you have a USB stick plugged into the same USB ports behind ??
Some USB sticks have a dramatic effect on communication.

ardilla

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Matrix10, thank you very much for your answer.

I tell you all friends what i have made today:

- fixed IP Adresse with MAC Adresse from USB Wlan stick on router (sitll with WPA and USB stick on back side and front side) --> nok
- Changed to WPA2 --> not OK with same Pass containing simbols like * @
- Deleted Plugin Wlan Acces Point and making all the test again--> not OK
- Deactivated all other LAN connections activated (inadvertently activated? tranlated from google from spanish to english)
- Using an external USB HUB with external source of power also Not OK

but since i have had deleted the plugin and only works wiht MENU-SYSTEM-WLAN SETUP... activating the USB Sticker it will be inmediatly activaed. With Plugin installed i have had difficulty activating WLAN. Problaby conflict with question: " it is another LAN activated.. do you want to deleted it?" ..if no.. probably was activated the LAN and not the WLAN from Plungin.

Summary: Plugin deleted but alwas after restarts still have to activate WLAN manually from MENU-SYSTEM-WLAN Setup..

Saludos amigos

ardilla

Vu+ Newbie
Sorry that i speek in spanish but google translation is not an interpreter and i have to put it in spanish :-(

Lo que quiero decir es que me parece que hay un conflicto entre los procesos de incios de los interfaces. El LAN toma posecion prioritaria y estando deactivada no accede dandole libre paso a otra peticion y aniquila la peticion del WLAN por eso no recibe un IP

Matrix10

Administrator
I do not have any problems
with the original VU wlan stick and BH 1.7.8.
No additional installations and uninsallations (plugin etc).
Clean and orginal BH image.

MENU-SYSTEM-WLAN Setup..

I have config in wlan setup
WPA2
pass Example: johnmekwin
Fixed IP (but work also with auto IP)
NO for wired LAN