What 4k should i get for my needs?

Valk

Vu+ Newbie
Hey guys. So I have Solo and zero atm. I mostly use Solo and i LOVE it - i have open pli 6.0 on it and have my NAS media folders mounted and Solo handles any media format I throw it’s way like a champ. So I was wandering what 4k model will be enough for me for media play over lan from my NAS in 4k? Besides that I only need one ci slot. I need only 1 tuner. I don’t need fancy things - like lcd etc. So I figured high end models are overkill for me, right?

AlexWilMac

So, I think you answered you question yourself: if you don't have any special needs but 4K playing, just buy the cheapest one among the 4K models.

I hade the same opinion many years ago that i did not need fancy or flashy things, then my wife come along and after that i changed my opinion fast ;)

What i am saying is put your money in the Vu+Uno4Kse then you get an upgrade and in my opinion you get the most for the money
It has what you need and what you might need in the future ;)

Valk

Vu+ Newbie
I hade the same opinion many years ago that i did not need fancy or flashy things, then my wife come along and after that i changed my opinion fast ;)

What i am saying is put your money in the Vu+Uno4Kse then you get an upgrade and in my opinion you get the most for the money
It has what you need and what you might need in the future ;)
I don’t need fancy things from tvbox, cos I do have a LOT of other “toys”. But can you elaborate please on the matter of wife needs? (I have one too :) ), what did she ask from tv box functionality?
So, I think you answered you question yourself: if you don't have any special needs but 4K playing, just buy the cheapest one among the 4K models.
So zero 4k? I guess I am aftaid that the hardware of the cheapest one would struggle with 4k over lan? Or thats stupid cos it can handle hevc from sat so I am good?

Last edited:
Well it was more of a joke and a tribute to my wife ;) my early girlfriend was not so pretty and that did not mather to me but then my wife come along and rest you can guess :)
But she really love the Uno4Kse its fast and have a nice LCD Display that she get ongoing info from.

Before we first had a DM and that was just crapp, change to Solo2 and for 5 years that have been my battleship and my wife started to use it also.
So did we upgrade to Uno4Kse and wow thats a really good STB and accully you get it for under 200 Euro here in Scandinavia.

I am not the right guy to say if the Zero 4k is better then the Uno4Kse