What is best Ultimo or duo2

bouncerdove

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all.
I am a bit confused and hope I have not made a mistake. I presently own a Ultimo with two single tuners connected to a motorised dish, Plus a dual tuner module set to a fixed dish at 28 degrees giving me 4 tuners in total. I have just purchased a Duo2 and am awaiting delivery, have also purchased a second dual tuner module.
My original idea was to remove the dual tuner from the Ultimo and replace it with a dvb-t/c module (which I already have) and with the 2 dvb-s units already fitted, Then sell it on ebay or else where.
Now the question will I end up with a better system with the Duo2 or am I better off keeping the Ultimo and returning the Duo2.
I hope someone has tried both and can advise me.

Dzoni

BH Lover
Duo2 is much better stb. This is a new bcm architecture,much more RAM,nand flash,beautiful lcd... and will have longer life.

bouncerdove

Vu+ Newbie
Hi. Right seems what to keep is decided 9Duo2), So next question. I have a 16gb memory stick installed on the Ultimo partioned into 2x 8gb and mounted as universe and media usb. I have set up as Avalon, Should I keep the memory stick or let it go with the Ultimo when I sell it

Matrix10

Administrator
You can use a USB stick on DUO2 (multiboot/universes e.t.c)
but if you need depends on what you want to do with it.

bouncerdove

Vu+ Newbie
Hi. Now thats were my Newbie bit comes in. I have never really understood all this universe thing. Is it like having multiple setups on the stb and selecting the one you want to view?
Thanks (I remembered this time)

Dzoni

BH Lover
Universes are like different flash spaces mounted on USB. You can use different settings,setups,plugins,skins.... in one word, extended possibilities.

bogdanm

Universes are like different flash spaces mounted on USB. You can use different settings,setups,plugins,skins.... in one word, extended possibilities.
Yes and when im sart used univers im very happy becouse i have 4 difrent setup on one image.
Im only change when i can used difrent skin or when im can play video to my children.

bouncerdove

Vu+ Newbie
Hi. Duo2 arrived all up and running. Picture quality is brilliant. One problem though, When I put it in standby only the top third of the time displayed, The rest is out of view. Must be a setting somewhere but where. A lovely bit of kit though
Thanks bouncerdove

bouncerdove

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all sorted now I was cool tv epg settings that gave me the problem. Just uninstalled it rebooted reinstalled it and all was ok. It was the VFD by the way.
Regards bouncerdove.