What is Open Black Hole ?

AlexWilMac

OMB works this way: you have an image in flash but then you choose where you want to install the feature OMB (open multiboot). If you choose a USB drive, you'll then install as many images you like (by OMB) in the device you chose.
At boot (or by the plugin OMB itself) you can choose what image you want to run. This means the VU+ will reboot in the chosen image.

SANTANA1962

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you so much dear Alexwilmac . . .

My last question is:
If I use USB with OMB; will that keep the main flash free as much as possible as Universe ?
Cause I always have the problem of full flash.

All the best.

jogistyle

Vu+ Newbie
hello avarybody.. i grab out this therad (welll also my irst post :) ) - and see the last post was over 1 year--- are we still up2date,,??? hahahah ...i got some important Questions...
do openbh supoort the nord vpn Plugin? are the Skins up2date - i very like the aeon full hd mod for example… and how About bootvideo, do it?

i am still using vti - and still like it well, but dont like not longer any closedsources.

AlexWilMac

Obviously, in 18 months, many updates have been released: we are now at the 4.3.014.
OBH 4.3 was a significant step forward in many respects. Some are features I use, other not.
First of all, OBH 4.3 has a much sharper video quality: this is immediately perceivable.
Second, the channel change time (zap) became faster.
Third, is really fast at booting and it's particularly fast the restart of the GUI.

Other features concern, for those who are interested, Kodi and on demand services. But here I'm not the best person who can tell you about them. You must go into the download page and read the releases news.

jogistyle

Vu+ Newbie
is it correct when i thing, BH is near vti and OBH ist near pure2? sry for this questions.. i try to fing out the important differents for me...

nunigaia

hello avarybody.. i grab out this therad (welll also my irst post :) ) - and see the last post was over 1 year--- are we still up2date,,??? hahahah ...i got some important Questions...
do openbh supoort the nord vpn Plugin? are the Skins up2date - i very like the aeon full hd mod for example… and how About bootvideo, do it?

i am still using vti - and still like it well, but dont like not longer any closedsources.

1) Open BlackHole is based from long time ago on OE-A git.

2) It was updated last week.

3) NordVpn is not a plugin, but a service ( probably you are confusing it with OpenVpn plugin )

4) The skins are updated according the evolution of the image code, in order to make it work with no issues.

5) For skins, is better using the skins developed according the firmware code ( fully tested ), and avoid the using of third party skins ( as we don´t support them ).

6) Bootvideo ( we don´t like unusefull things ), as it will decrease the STB perfomance.

best regards
nunigaia

jogistyle

Vu+ Newbie
sry.. nordvpn connector is aplugin i have install it few minutes ago.. it is a easy launcher.. the question is, is the image compiled with kernel to work with killswitch. this is a usefull and important thing.

thank you, best regards

Gezzdoc

Vu+ Newbie
Hey!

Anyway to do this blurry background effect for pilarboxed/letterboxed sources?
maxresdefault.jpg

AlexWilMac

If people used their "smart"phones in a smart way and did video in wide format, we wouldn't have spent money for our gorgeous 16:9 TVs, FullHD and even 4K and maybe 8K for... NOTHING.
So we see a lot of terrible videos all around.

Gezzdoc

Vu+ Newbie
You are of course entirely correct!

I did however use the picture above just as an easy way to illustrate what I'm talking about.

I'm far more interested in 4:3 content, where I get the choices; 'letterbox', 'pan & scan' or 'just scale'
Blurry edges as above surely not difficult from a programming point of view?