What to buy - Solo2 or Solo SE?

BL!

Vu+ Newbie
Simple or not so simple question?

I do not need 2 tuners.

I've heard that XBMC/Kodi is possible to use on a Solo2 or Solo SE - any difference in performance?

Is the hardware in Solo SE the same or newer (apart from the missing Gigabit support)?

Pros/cons?

TIA!

nunigaia

Simple or not so simple question?

I do not need 2 tuners.

I've heard that XBMC/Kodi is possible to use on a Solo2 or Solo SE - any difference in performance?

Is the hardware in Solo SE the same or newer (apart from the missing Gigabit support)?

Pros/cons?

TIA!

Hi Bl!

The difference and the pros and cons, you can take a look at this information, and compare by yourself the hardware with both STB´s

Specifications.png

Note: For me, i´ll prefer Solo2, cause PIP, Internal Hd (2.5) Dual Tuner, Gigabit, 3x2.0 usb.

best regards
nunigaia

BL!

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for the input, guys! The difference in price is only about €20 so that is not a factor for me.

I know the specifications looks the same but are they in real life, I mean if you compare an INTEL and AMD processor @ the same clock frequency you get different results. As I understand it Solo2 is 2 years old so is the hardware perhaps newer/faster/better (apart from not having a Gigabit NIC)?

nunigaia

Thanks for the input, guys! The difference in price is only about €20 so that is not a factor for me.

I know the specifications looks the same but are they in real life, I mean if you compare an INTEL and AMD processor @ the same clock frequency you get different results. As I understand it Solo2 is 2 years old so is the hardware perhaps newer/faster/better (apart from not having a Gigabit NIC)?

Take a look too, VuPlus Duo2, see the prices, and perhaps, you´ll buy it!

best regards
nunigaia

gigxy

Vu+ Newbie
if you have arround 20€ difference, be carrefull that is not a clone shit !
for exemple:
***hm-sat-shop.de/hdd-receiver-hdtv-vu/

BL!

Vu+ Newbie
for exemple:
The prices are roughly; Zero €145, Solo SE €230 & Solo2 €260 does that sound right?

nunigaia

for exemple:

Read the forum rules:

4. It 'also forbidden to use the forum for promotion of sites of any kind, also valid for avatar or signatur.

best regards
nunigaia

BL!

Vu+ Newbie
Bought a Solo SE. Which image should I flash and where do I download it (want XCBM/Kodi functionality)?