What Would You Say Is The Best Image For The VU+ Please

hayley100

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you all very much for your replys ,I am still very much a newbie.I would love to be able to put the Beyonce skin on the box please,would I have to put the black hole image on first or can you put it on usb stick with the new image.I hope what I have said makes sense,I do like the look of the black hole image.

ab9adr

Vu+ User
Thank you all very much for your replys ,I am still very much a newbie.I would love to be able to put the Beyonce skin on the box please,would I have to put the black hole image on first or can you put it on usb stick with the new image.I hope what I have said makes sense,I do like the look of the black hole image.

If you still don't have installed BH image Install it first using an usb stick and after you can simply downlaod the skin directly in the image :)

ab9adr

Vu+ User
PS: don't forget to make a backup for your settings because if you install a new image you are going to lose them all !

hayley100

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you for letting me know about the skin and saving my settings, how can I save my settings please and does it matter if I was using Vix 1.3.
Can I still use some of the settings that were in the Vix like the longitude and latitude settings, and once I have put a new image like Black Hole on the VU+ is there any thing I should do after I have taken the USB stick out and restarted the box.

ab9adr

Vu+ User
Thank you for letting me know about the skin and saving my settings, how can I save my settings please and does it matter if I was using Vix 1.3.
Can I still use some of the settings that were in the Vix like the longitude and latitude settings, and once I have put a new image like Black Hole on the VU+ is there any thing I should do after I have taken the USB stick out and restarted the box.
About saving settings you have to make a backup but I don't know where to find it in the Vix image and I'm not sure that is going to work on BH image :) Personally I prefer to install them manualy.
ok I'll explain what are you going to lose:
1. Your channel list and favourites : for that you can use DBedit (Dreamboxedit) 'To install on your PC'.
2. Your plugins: If you don't have too much you can just remember them to install them when you have finished installing BH image
3. Your positioner settings: To remember :p
4. Your emus (if you have): It's forbidden to talk about them here but it's not a big deal
that's all what I remeber now :p

ab9adr

Vu+ User
The first time you are going to boot your receiver you are going to have a wizard. You have just to follow the steps (it will help you to install your settings :) )

ab9adr

Vu+ User

For the skin when you have finish installing the BH image you can download the skin you want in the BH server It's very simple; you just select the skin you want and dowload it directly in the image using your internet connection :)

hayley100

Vu+ Newbie
Help Please
I did save my settings that I had with the Vix1.3 image,I am been asked if I want to restore them with the wizard set up for the BH image.

hayley100

Vu+ Newbie
I have put the new Black Hole image on the usb ,and I have got to where its asking me do I want to restore my settings or No just start my STB.
Before I put thhe usb in the box,I made a backup of my settings.

ab9adr

Vu+ User
I have put the new Black Hole image on the usb ,and I have got to where its asking me do I want to restore my settings or No just start my STB.
Before I put thhe usb in the box,I made a backup of my settings.
I don't think that is possible in the wizard. Did you finish the wizard you just want to restore you settings?

hayley100

Vu+ Newbie
No I havnt finished the wizard yet ,I am stuck what to do next .I am at the part in the wizard where its asking me to choose where the wizard wants to know ,do you want to restore my settings or No just start my STB.