Where are stored the channels (folder/file?)

LassuPC

Vu+ Newbie
Yesterday my Vu+ Zero 4K hanged up, I switched off, then on, but at startup I got the "booting eningma2...." picture, and nothing else.
FTP worked, so I have made a copy of satalites.xml, bouquets, playlists, etc. Then I flashed the new BH 3.1.0, copyed files back... Only the channels were lost. I performed an automatic scan, but I have a motorized dish, so the number of channels are up to 11000, the scan requires too long time. Where are the stored the channels info, I wish to backup them, for the next time...

nunigaia

Yesterday my Vu+ Zero 4K hanged up, I switched off, then on, but at startup I got the "booting eningma2...." picture, and nothing else.
FTP worked, so I have made a copy of satalites.xml, bouquets, playlists, etc. Then I flashed the new BH 3.1.0, copyed files back... Only the channels were lost. I performed an automatic scan, but I have a motorized dish, so the number of channels are up to 11000, the scan requires too long time. Where are the stored the channels info, I wish to backup them, for the next time...

At:

Code:
/etc/enigma2

Note: Why don´t you use a tool, like DREAMSET, DREAMBOXEDIT, etc ... to save your Settings list?

best regards
nunigaia

LassuPC

Vu+ Newbie
Just beacuse I am using in general Linux, and Dramset, Dreamboxedit are for Windows. I have an old machine with Windows, but Dreamset does not help in panic situations, like yesterday. I am familiar with tools like FTP / Putty, etc.

I have copied all /etc/enigma2 folder, there are a lot of files in this copied folder, but now, in the STB-s /etc/enigma2 folder there are only those files, what I have copied back from the backup (only my desired few bouquets), and only one new lamedb file, this must be the channel file , I guess. THX a lot!

nunigaia

Just beacuse I am using in general Linux, and Dramset, Dreamboxedit are for Windows. I have an old machine with Windows, but Dreamset does not help in panic situations, like yesterday. I am familiar with tools like FTP / Putty, etc.

I have copied all /etc/enigma2 folder, there are a lot of files in this copied folder, but now, in the STB-s /etc/enigma2 folder there are only those files, what I have copied back from the backup (only my desired few bouquets), and only one new lamedb file, this must be the channel file , I guess. THX a lot!

No problem, and enjoy it!

best regards
nunigaia

Matrix10

Administrator

Enigma2 channel and satellite list editor for GNU/Linux
  • Extended support of IPTV.
  • Import to bouquet(Neutrino WEBTV) from m3u.
  • Export of bouquets with IPTV services in m3u.
  • Assignment of EPG from DVB or XML for IPTV services (only Enigma2, experimental).
  • Preview (playback) of IPTV or other streams directly from the bouquet list (should be installed VLC).

https://github.com/DYefremov/DemonEditor

Maybe you can use this one.

AlexWilMac

Anyway, you can save your channels simply by the OWIF by its Bouquet Manager.
The etc/enigma2 folder not only contains bouquets but, among the others, there is a very important file named just
settings
where you have everything and, specifically, many lines starting with "NIMS" which are the tuners settings (very useful to avoid to do this set up again).