Which remote control comes with your VU+ Duo2?

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Last a few days, I was trying to find out whether the new type remote control comes with the Duo2 receiver. Many information from internet show the receiver comes with the new type remote control (RCU). However, some of information shows the new type RCU may have some issues and an old type RCU comes with the receiver (but with a free replace voucher included). Also some M8 said the receiver comes only with the old type RCU (no voucher). Because some internet information shows the new type RCU implements some new functions (not be confirmed), it is good to know the situation in order to guide the potential costomers to decide whether they need to wait the new type RCU.
Would any affiliator to VU+ please confirm this issue? Would the owners who have bought the receiver please confirm this issue also?

jwlalek

Vu+ User
My RCU came together with the receiver. I didn't notice any issue, all is working absolutely fine.

VU%252B+Duo2+unboxing.jpg
VU%252B+Duo2+remote+control.jpg

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Thanks Jwlalek for your kind reply. It is the new type RMU. That will confirm that the new RMU works properly.

just lookin

Vu+ Newbie
my experience has been the remote type I have like the one pictured is picky if it aint pointed at the box directly it fails to operate I am sure my old duo was not that fussy I think I may look at getting an old style remote to compare am I right in thinking a solo2 remote is old style an will work with the duo2 can anybody advise for sure

Platoon

Vu+ Newbie
My experience is as follows:

1. White remote works the same as with old Duo. For me this is the best combo available. White remotes are rare though.
2. Black remote (old) works poorly. It needs to be pointed to the receiver but sometimes keys are still not registered immediately.
3. New black remote works well but i like button layout of old remotes :)

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk 2