Which Vu+ duo2 combo to buy?

Cefizelj

Vu+ Newbie
I am about to buy myself Vu+ Duo2. What I need for the beginning is 1x DVB-S2 tuner and additional 1x DVB-T2 tuner. SAT shops are offering these combinations…

1. VU+ Duo2 Full HD 1x DVB-S2 1x DVB-C/T Sat Kabel Linux Receiver PVR Ready

2. VU+ Duo2 Full HD Dual 1x DVB-S2 1x DVB-C/T Sat Kabel Linux Receiver PVR Ready

3. VU+ Duo2 Full HD Twin 1x DVB-S2 1x DVB-C/T/T2 Sat Kabel Linux Receiver PVR Ready

Actually would the 1st combination be fine but I need to have DVB-T2 tuner. 2nd combination I don’t need. What I don’t know is what does “Twin” in 3rd combination mean? Listed there are two tuners that I would like to have but I realy don’t know what is the difference between 3rd and 1st combo?

If somebody on this forum knows the difference, please be so kind and explain it to me? Thank you in advance!

el bandido

Vu+ User
There are only two slots for tuners in the Duo2. One or Two tuners may be installed in each slot. I think Twin means two identical or two similar.
The third option appears to be 3 tuners. 1 DVB-S2 tuner in one tuner slot, and a pair of tuners (1 DVB-C/2, 1 T2) in the other slot.

It may be best to contact the vendor and tell them what you need installed. I do not think they have a DVB- S2/T2 combination available for one tuner slot. I think you will need a single tuner for each available slot in order to get the combination you want. This should not be a problem, but you will probably need to contact them before you order.

el bandido

Vu+ User
There are only two slots for tuners in the Duo2. One or Two tuners may be installed in each slot. I think Twin means two identical or two similar.
The third option appears to be 3 tuners. 1 DVB-S2 tuner in one tuner slot, and a pair of tuners (1 DVB-C/2, 1 T2) in the other slot.

It may be best to contact the vendor and tell them what you need installed. I do not think they have a DVB- S2/T2 combination available for one tuner slot. I think you will need a single tuner for each available slot in order to get the combination you want. This should not be a problem, but you will probably need to contact them before you order.

grufti

Vu+ Newbie
Hello Cefizelj,
the "twin DVB-S2 tuner" is an unit, that needs 1 slot and gives you 2 satellite tuners with two lnb connectors.
For DVB-T2 exists now a new DVB-C/T/T2 combi tuner (needs one slot). Formerly there was only a DVB-C/T/T combi tuner, that was claimed by some users to be not very reliable in dvb-c mode. This new combi DVB-T2 tuner is built by another manufacturer than the old combi DVB-T tuner. There is a thread somewhere in the internet about this tuners. My information about the better cable performance of the new DVB-T2 tuner is from there. T2 means the tuner is HD-capable. Remember, in most countries only DVB-T is used.
Deduced from your post you need the combination "VU+ Duo2 Full HD 1x DVB-S2 1x DVB-C/T/T2 Sat Kabel Linux Receiver PVR Ready".

Cefizelj

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you guys for all your answers. It is best that I buy Vu+ duo2 receiver with 1x DVB-S2 tuner and 1x extra DVB-C/T/T2 tuner which I will insert into receiver by myself. I really don’t need dual or twin tuners. Thank you again!

Poocha

Vu+ Newbie
I have the Duo 2 with two twin tuners 2 X SAT & 2 X Hybrid cable and terrestrial. They all work great on Vix image and I can record tons of stuff at the same time!!