Why are my non-free channels freezing when i change channel on my Vu+ Solo2 while recording?

Ben123

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all,

I recently posted a message regarding a problem with returning my Vu+ Solo2 box to its normal set up, having factory reset it. This has now been sorted, the friend who provided the box actually put a newer and better system on it too (Openvix). However, I have begun to notice the signal crash on the non-free channels when I switch channel; I also noticed that this only seems to happen while we are recording something. When recording and changing channel, it would do it every time and require a restart. When not recording, no problem at all. Is this typical and common of these systems, and any way around it? My friend intends to look at this and try to sort it. He believes the new system may just have some niggles and that it may be fix with the next update, and will try this when available. Until then, any ideas on how to rectify this?

Many thanks!

Ben

Ben123

Vu+ Newbie
Ok, upon inspection it appears that it will not allow me to change to other non-free channels without freezing, when something is presently recording. It will, however, allow me to watch another channel while something is about to record, and once it is recording, it must remain on the channel its on, and will freeze again if changed. Is it the specific flash that is causing this, or is there any way to prevent this?

Regards,
Ben

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Hi Ben, please consider:

a) if you're using OpenVix it'd be better to look for support on their board. On this community of Black Hole users there's indeed a section for Vix images where you could ask but unfortunately it's not very populated:
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/forums/vix-images.63/

b) your problems with recording encrypted channels are probably relative to the installed soft cam, but this topic is absolutely not allowed to be discussed on this community.
See:
http://www.vuplus-community.net/rules.html