WiFi Dongle and set-up

John Bailey

Vu+ User
Hi,
I hav a VU+ Duo which is currently set up to the internet using an Ethernet Cable.
I would now like to try to connect using a wireless Dongle.
I would be grateful if someone could advise the best Dongle to buy for my VU+ Duo and also how to set this up (in lay man's terms for a newbi). I am currently using the latest BH image.

Best Regards,
John

>>Artorius<<

>>English Admin<<
Google VU wireless dongle and you will find the VU branded one, it works straight out of the box.
Just add your wireless key.

John Bailey

Vu+ User
Hi,
Received my VU+ wifi dongle today and I am trying to set it up, following the Instructions that came with it.

In Menu- Wireless Configuration, it asks for IP, Network, and Gateway which have to be input manually.

My questions are as follows:-

Which IP address do I input and how do I find the associated Netmask and Gateway ?

Also, what is 'AP' ? the instructions say to input the ESSID of AP ?

I would be grateful if someone could advise a complete Newbi with this.

Best Regards,
John

John Bailey

Vu+ User
Hi Artourius,
Followed you instructions, and now all is connected perfectly.
Thank you very much for your help with this, which is also very much appreciated.

Best Regards,
John

John Bailey

Vu+ User
Hi,
Thought that I had cracked it....................but not so.
The wifi dongle works, but when I access DCC it shows no connection to the VU box (now the ethernet cable is disconnected) which means that I cannot access FTP panel.
I am confused. Do I still need an ethernet connection?
Regards,
John

>>Artorius<<

>>English Admin<<
Hi,
Thought that I had cracked it....................but not so.
The wifi dongle works, but when I access DCC it shows no connection to the VU box (now the ethernet cable is disconnected) which means that I cannot access FTP panel.
I am confused. Do I still need an ethernet connection?
Regards,
John
No you don't need anything else.
Can you carry out a network test ?
You have the correct IP to access the box ?

John Bailey

Vu+ User
Hi,
I now have WiFi connected and all seems to be working OK.
I have another problem, I use DCC to control/make changes to my VU+ Duo, however now that I have disconnected my Ethernet cable from My VU box
I have now lost the connection .(which I understand)
Can anyone tell me how I can access DCC using WiFi, or must I re connect the ethernet each time I want to send info'/use telnet or FTP to the box?
Regards,
John

Matrix10

Administrator
Have you changed the IP address in DCC that is probably different with Wifi.
Do you have a firewall that prevents wifi and FTP protocol ?