wireless connection issues

stuhow

Vu+ Newbie
Hi everyone,just changed my router to a sky hub and have had problems all week trying to configure my vu+du:confused:n the network test the first three items are all ticked green but i cannot sort out the last two whatever i try.It keeps saying - IP address unconfirmed,Nameserver uncofirmed.I would appreciate any help and also if there's anyone near Cardiff/Bridgend a face to face would be great.

calculus

Vu+ Newbie
It sounds like a problem with your router. Have you configured it correctly? Have you enabled DHCP?

stuhow

Vu+ Newbie
It sounds like a problem with your router. Have you configured it correctly? Have you enabled DHCP?
dhcp is enabled and an ip address has been automatically created for my machine.The router must be ok since everything else i have is configured wirelessly ok,such as my sky boxes,sonos music.

stuhow

Vu+ Newbie
here are some configuration picturesDSCN0236.JPG DSCN0236.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN0237.JPG
    DSCN0237.JPG
    264.9 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCN0238.JPG
    DSCN0238.JPG
    248.3 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCN0240.JPG
    DSCN0240.JPG
    307.2 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCN0241.JPG
    DSCN0241.JPG
    305.3 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCN0242.JPG
    DSCN0242.JPG
    285.5 KB · Views: 25

stuhow

Vu+ Newbie
WEP encrypt? Are you sure your wifi connection is correctly setted up? Usually wireless routers don't use WEP because it's a very weak security solution.
I suggest to use DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 instead of the one you use.
surely this can't be the reason why my ip address and nameserver are both "unconfirmed" ?

Matrix10

Administrator
changed my sky hub encryption to WPA2-PSK,i now have 4 ticks on the network test but the Nameserver is still unconfirmed.Encryption and passkey same on router and vu+ box.

This probably means that the gateway (ip adres from your router) is not configured.

Check gateway in box network configuration.
use red button
to leave network configuration panels.

stuhow

Vu+ Newbie
This probably means that the gateway (ip adres from your router) is not configured.

Check gateway in box network configuration.
use red button
to leave network configuration panels.
gateway is configured the same as my router,just checked again

>>Artorius<<

>>English Admin<<
gateway is configured the same as my router,just checked again
You have this problem even if you use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 ?
You do not have to use the same nameserver as the one provided by your ISP, I use smart dns and google.

stuhow

Vu+ Newbie
You have this problem even if you use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 ?
You do not have to use the same nameserver as the one provided by your ISP, I use smart dns and google.
could you explain in detail how to input these settings you're suggesting so i can try them

>>Artorius<<

>>English Admin<<
This is from memory.
Menu > Setup > Network and then select namserver, you should have one line and you press one of the colored buttons to add another

stuhow

Vu+ Newbie
what do you do then when you've added the second nameserver?
Everything sorted,the only thing i did differently was to shut down my box instead of using standby mode.When i restarted the box all five green ticks were present on the network test FINALLY.Thanks very much for everyone's help and suggestions.