Duo2 WLAN Not Detected

mrben

Vu+ Newbie
I've had the box for almost a year (important as I can still return under warranty) and have had constant issues of not being able to detect the WLAN.

I have installed/uninstalled the necessary extensions so many times and very occasionally it will work and the WLAN is found (and it remembers my network password). However, sometimes the box crashes and when it boots back up the WLAN is not found again.

I've trawled the internet to find answers and have really struggled as no-one seems to have had a similar problem. Is this likely a faulty unit?

EDIT: Running Blackhole 2.1.1, Build 2014-07-22-master. Has been recurring issue, no matter what image/version I've been using.

mrben

Vu+ Newbie
Adapter is the build in WLAN (I assume that is the question!).

Network setup is actually not relevant, as once the Duo2 recognises the built in wifi then it is simple to connect. Am using the provider supplied router (Technicolor Gateway) and WPA+WPA2 security-wise.

Hope this answers the questions - bit of a novice.

... and thank you!

>>Artorius<<

>>English Admin<<
Sorry I missed that it was a Duo2, my experience with with wlan testing over the years is that it has always been most stable using WPA2 only

mrben

Vu+ Newbie
Most of what I have read seems to suggest that the problematic side is connecting... Unfortunately for me the box only sporadically is able to find the WLAN device inside the box - I just get a "WLAN not detected" message - hence my thought that the box itself may be at fault.