Working Kodi

Mick12334

The latest Open Black Hole is version 4.4:
https://www.vuplus-community.net/board/forums/openbh-vu-duo2-images.178/

This has KODI version Leia 18.9, on my Duo 2, not the latest Matrix 19 version, and last time I tried it, the streaming option was terrible, which is why I use the download option, which records the stream to my internal hard drive, allowing me to view when I wish, without the stuttering playback problem.

There are plenty of addons, that still work with 18.9, and some that work with both 18.9. and 19, versions.

bumperbee

Vu+ User
Hi Mick12334, thank you very much for your detailed info. I greatly appreciate it.

How about Youtube, any idea which version is still working?

Thanks again

Mick12334

I generally use my PC, for youtube, which I view quite a bit, including the American news clips, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, as well as channels like Rich Rebuilds, Lehto's Law, 5th Column, etc..
I did use my television option, to view the WAP video, to see if it could run the 2160 setting, on the WAP video, to see if the TV could handle it, as it's not an expensive, LG, television, which it di, and the picture quality was good.
I haven't bothered with youtube, on my Duo 2 though.

bumperbee

Vu+ User
Hi Mick12334 & Everyone
After trying Kodi v18 again in latest OpenBlackhole image, there is still no sound. Any suggestions are very welcome. Thank you

Mick12334

You didn't mention a sound problem, in this thread.
You will have to provide more detailed, technical, information, regarding your system setup, and if you have tried downloading, a stream, exiting KODI, then playing it from your receiver.
Once downloaded you could also try playing it on your PC.

bumperbee

Vu+ User
Hi Mick12334, I am using a newly flash image (latest OpenBlackhole) in my Duo2. I only got the following plugins,

1. Dream explorer

2. Screen grabber

I could only watch online stream in Kodi and no download. Please help

Mick12334

Providing you have fitted an internal HDD, or external storage device, it's quite simple.
You set up the download option, in the KODI addon, via the options.

Take Scrubs v2, as an example, as this is one of the more difficult to setup.

Enter KODI, go to ADDONS and select Scrubs v2.
Scroll to Tools and press OK.
Scroll to General Settings and press OK.
Scroll all the way down, to Special Settings, and press the right arrow, on your centre remote, to access your options.
Scroll down to Download section, and enable downloads. Once done scroll down to Movies, press OK, and navigate to your recording location, with an internal hard drive it should be Media folder, then HDD, then Movie, once done hit the right arrow, twice, until you're on OK and select it, using your remote OK button. Now scroll down to TV and do the same.

With other Addons it's usually easier.
Like The Crew, enter this Addon, scroll to Tools, Settings General, scroll down to Downloads, Enable Downloads and set up the Movie, and TV, options as above.

There are illustrated guides, like this one, which are quite old now, but still useful:
Code:
https://kinkeadtech.com/download-in-kodi/

Once you've set up your downloads, search for a stream, as usual, but instead of playing hit press the menu button, on your remote, and select the Download option. Not all streams are available, for download, or playing, for that matter, but usually you will find one.

bumperbee

Vu+ User
Thanks very much for the detailed advices and instructions. By the way, do you have any idea which version of OpenBlackhole allow Kodi to work properly? Best Regards

Mick12334

I'm not sure any newer, image, versions, will play KODI streams properly.
You could try earlier versions, of images, but you might have to fit a new hard drive, to test them, and find early, working, KODI addons.
It would probably be easier to get a dedicated KODI device, or keep on downloading the streams, which I personally prefer, as then I can watch the downloads when I want, and as often as I want.

bumperbee

Vu+ User
Yes, I fully agrees, I too prefer downloading. But there are some add-ons I often used do not have any downloading feature. Thank you