XBMC menu button? (DUO 2/BLackhole 2.1.7)

frodo16

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all, Simple but important question!

Using xbmc - want to set favourites - normally would use the menu key on the remote of xbmc but MENU key of duo2 remote does NOT bring up the xbmc menu so can't set 'favourites' or 'watched'! It may be that another key on the remote would lead there but if so I haven't found it yet!

Can anyone suggest a technique?

Thank you in advance!

nunigaia

Hi all, Simple but important question!

Using xbmc - want to set favourites - normally would use the menu key on the remote of xbmc but MENU key of duo2 remote does NOT bring up the xbmc menu so can't set 'favourites' or 'watched'! It may be that another key on the remote would lead there but if so I haven't found it yet!

Can anyone suggest a technique?

Thank you in advance!

You can do it ... by two more simple ways!

1) By setiing up " Fast Plugin setup ", where you press <GREEN>, <RED> to enter XBMC ( of course if not used yet ) !

2) Or reording the plugin list ... and bring XBMC launcher to the first line.

Screen.png

To acess 1) <GREEN> , GREEN will do the job, and will launch XBMC.

To acess 2) <GREEN>, <OK>

best regards
nunigaia

frodo16

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks Nunigaia - Interesting techniques for accessing xbmc and noted BUT what I meant to get at was how to access the context menu WITHIN xbmc ! In essence, within xbmc, the context menu allows one to set a search item to favourites as in favourites within xbmc - example I like Foyles war - a TV program from the UK. Search for this will pull up an icon for this item - to avoid the need to search for it next time - add it to favourites - but this requires the context menu - oh dear me, no key! on remote - on a pc one can use right mouse button - this does not exist on the duo2 remote! Anybody know differently?
Thank you

nunigaia

Thanks Nunigaia - Interesting techniques for accessing xbmc and noted BUT what I meant to get at was how to access the context menu WITHIN xbmc ! In essence, within xbmc, the context menu allows one to set a search item to favourites as in favourites within xbmc - example I like Foyles war - a TV program from the UK. Search for this will pull up an icon for this item - to avoid the need to search for it next time - add it to favourites - but this requires the context menu - oh dear me, no key! on remote - on a pc one can use right mouse button - this does not exist on the duo2 remote! Anybody know differently?
Thank you

So ... Try it posted by @Shiro --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/howto-context-menu-and-sumenu-in-xbmc.20591/

I don´t use Xbmc, but give it a try! ;)

best regards
nunigaia