XBOX ONE - Setup Guide - Green Tint - Channel Switching

gantscha

Vu+ Newbie
I try to setup my Vu+ Solo2 with the XBOX One. I read somewhere that there is already a driver that eliminates the green tint - but unfortunately had no success :(.

Therefore i would like to start a thread to cover all questions regarding the setup of a VU+ Solo2 together with the XBOX ONE. If anyone already managed to get one of the following things working i would kindly ask him to post how he did it and the image he used!

• Channel switching through XBOX ONE (One Guide) (Astra 19,2°)
    • What IR Code used for XBOX ONE Setup? What sat receiver modell?
    • Full Channel Scan or Standard Astra 19,2° Channel List?
  • No Green Tint
    • What Driver, What Image
    • Any News on Update?
  • Power ON/OFF (Working for me)

It would be great if anyone already had success to fully use the VU+ Solo2 together with the XBOX ONE! If so please post how you did it!

gantscha

Vu+ Newbie
What IR Code used for XBOX ONE Setup? What sat receiver modell?

Type in Vu+ Solo2 (if solo2 doesn't come up, Duo2 will work just the same).

No Green Tint

What Driver, What Image - Bh 2.1.1 latest driver

Thank you for your answer! Just to be sure:
  • So you had no green tint with latest Black Hole Image 2.1.1 and then installed driver manually - correct?
  • Channel switching IS FULLY WORKING (ONE Guide) after you used VU+Duo2 - right?
I am asking because both things are not working for me :(

Ev0

Admin
Thank you for your answer! Just to be sure:
  • So you had no green tint with latest Black Hole Image 2.1.1 and then installed driver manually - correct?
  • Channel switching IS FULLY WORKING (ONE Guide) after you used VU+Duo2 - right?
I am asking because both things are not working for me :(

I used latest driver with Duo2 and SoloSE, I have not tried Solo2, but I don't see why it won't work if the other 2 that had issue's have now been resolved as they all use the same kernel and all had the same issue at the same time.

Channel switching is working fine for me with Duo2 and my provider (my channel list follows exactly the same as the providers list).

gantscha

Vu+ Newbie
I used latest driver with Duo2 and SoloSE, I have not tried Solo2, but I don't see why it won't work if the other 2 that had issue's have now been resolved as they all use the same kernel and all had the same issue at the same time.

Channel switching is working fine for me with Duo2 and my provider (my channel list follows exactly the same as the providers list).

Green Tint is gone for me too but channel switching is not working: I tried vu+ solo2 and vu+ duo2 but no success :( - Would you be so kind to tell me what ir code is shown in your xbox one (Mine is S3458 ) - Thank You!

Ev0

Admin
Same code, S3458, if you go in and let it guide you through, you should only need to enter Vu+ and it will do the rest iirc (it has been a while since I set it up).

As long as it can turn your box off (or on) then it should work fine. If however it doesn't turn it on / off then it is not in the line of sight for the iR from the kinnect.

gantscha

Vu+ Newbie
Same code, S3458, if you go in and let it guide you through, you should only need to enter Vu+ and it will do the rest iirc (it has been a while since I set it up).

As long as it can turn your box off (or on) then it should work fine. If however it doesn't turn it on / off then it is not in the line of sight for the iR from the kinnect.

This is exactly the strange thing - It can turn on and off my vu+ solo2 it even can pause play the program BUT it will not switch any channel :( it does not even send a IR-command when i select a channel in One Guide (i tested this with a generic IR-Receiver that blinks whenever it gets a signal)

Could you maybe be so kind to tell me if you know that the XBOX ONE is switching the channels with IR-Commands and not some strange HDMI CEC magic?

Thank you!

Ev0

Admin
It uses IR for channel switching, even turning on and off.

However you box can be turned on / off via HDMI CEC, so maybe it is your tv that is turning the box on/off and not the Xbox ??