Zero 4K and TBS 5925

satymax

Vu+ Newbie
Hello all,

I decided to buy a vu+ zero 4k as it looks a good choice for DVB-S2x. But before proceeding I would like to ask the owners and vu+ support team few questions:

1. It is possible to use as external USB tuner a TBS 5925 with this box? Drivers and all features of this tuner are available as driver and/or application (dvbsnoop, astra-sm, etc) in feeds? Any problems in installing/using TBS 5925 on new zero 4k boxes?

2. Internal DVB-S2x tuner of zero 4k supports blind scanning?

3. The box is getting overheated during operation? Are there any problems with the tuner temperature noticed by users?

4. If I chose the zero 4k but with dvb-c tuner, I can still use
TBS 5925
for DVB-S2x?

5. How is TBS 5925 in operation comparing with the internal DVB-S2x tuner?

6. zero 4k use modular tuners? If later I decide to use some other tuner type (DVB-C or DVB-S2x), is this option available or there are some constraints?

I want to add that I am using dreamboxes for more than 10 years. But it comes the time to change and move further, finally. Enough is enough!

Hope to get some answers in a timely manner.

Thank you!

el bandido

Vu+ User
I do not have a Zero 4K receiver, but see no reason why TBS 5925 would not work in it.

TBS did not offer much if any support when the 5925 device was being made to work in enigma2 receivers. TBS5925 does work to some degree in enigma2 receives, but it does have some bugs. I doubt you would be completely happy using TBS5925 in the Zero 4K IF it as being used as the main tuner. I would suggest using internal DVB-S2x tuner and use a good usb tuner for DVB-C.

satymax

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for reply.
I would like to get answers to all 6 questions from vu+ zero 4k owners and/or develop teams that knows both devices. Possible I am asking too much, what can I say...
I studied a lot this subject lately (TBS 5925 support on enigma 2 receivers), I know how is TBS 5925 working on DM900, have some hope that soon TBS 5925 will work also on DM 525, but have no personal experience with vu+. This is why I opened this thread.
If nobody knows the answers, OK, no replies will be the answer, no problem.

newgolfer

Vu+ User+++
With Zero 4K Tbs 5925 is useless because the tuner work vell with S2X and Multistream.
The Zero 4K tuner isn't plug 'n play because is inside (welded) the motherboard. You have to make a choice when you buy: tuner S2 or C or T.
No heating problems.
Deco have a blind scanning software like all the enigma 2 deco (not hardware inside the tuner like Azbox) and it must be improved.

kanetaker

Vu+ Newbie
I watched the octagon sx88, this box has a very good tuner for blindscan and multistreaming, but it hasn't enigma2 it's a linux box closed code.

newgolfer

Vu+ User+++
I watched the octagon sx88, this box has a very good tuner for blindscan and multistreaming, but it hasn't enigma2 it's a linux box closed code.

Thansk for your reply but iin this forum we discuss about Vu+ original products only.

satymax

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for your comments. MIS support on integrated DVB-S2 tuner is a bonus, but for me is not a must have. I will be more than happy with vu+ zero 4k support for DVB-S2x but... coming from TBS 5925.

So I have this nice tuner and I would like to play with it on a 4K receiver not only on PC. I would go for a 4k deco and not for a mature HD version because I expect to get a better CPU, possible a better support for latest audio and video standards. Hope this makes sense. If I am wrong, please feel free to correct me.

My first choice would be a zero 4k with DVB-C where I will attach TBS 5925. If there are any issues, worst case I will take the DVB-S2 version, no drama. Just need a deco with drivers for TBS 5925.

@ crazycat - Saw you visit this topic, hope you'll read this and post a reply:
Would you be so kind to share with us from your experience related to this topic? Do you know or have some user feedback that TBS 5925 is working fine on this pretty young vu+ model (zero 4k)? Or better to use some other vu+ model?