Asking for update but there's no update?

yoko

Vu+ Newbie
As the title says, in my info bar i have a message that ONLINE UPDATE IS AVAILABLE, however if i choose to download (via MENU-ADDONS-ONLINE BH IMAGE UPDATE) nothing is downloaded and the message doesn't disappear, it's stuck now in infobar?!
WTF is wrong with BH last few days..

My box Zero4k, image installed in flash: 3.0.9M, Build: 2020-05-11-master, DVB drivers: 20190424.r0, Kernel: 4.1.20 ..

a911

The BH Lover
As the title says, in my info bar i have a message that ONLINE UPDATE IS AVAILABLE, however if i choose to download (via MENU-ADDONS-ONLINE BH IMAGE UPDATE) nothing is downloaded and the message doesn't disappear, it's stuck now in infobar?!
WTF is wrong with BH last few days..

My box Zero4k, image installed in flash: 3.0.9M, Build: 2020-05-11-master, DVB drivers: 20190424.r0, Kernel: 4.1.20 ..

Have U tried : Hard Reset

AlexWilMac

Well... it's not a trick: it's supposed the original way you give commands to a computer if there wasn't no GUI... ;) And these boxes are computers.
I 90% of the times update this way, unless I'm too lazy to reach out for the PC ;)

meekey

Vu+ Newbie
This has always done this, ever since the online update message was implemented. When you do get an update the message disappears until you do a reboot, then it`s back. No big deal. It has been a while since there has been an update. Is there something nice happening behind the scenes?:)

Matrix10

Administrator
Exactly, i've gave up already and keep viewing with this message.

I don't know if your image is in flash or multiboot.
I have not test the behavior if it's in a multiboot.

======================================

I believe there is something confused inside the image.
To explain the process for update info.

When you put the box in standby.
Image controls a file named updatebool in / var / volatile / tmp /
if the file is empty (0 bits) then the update is not present on the server.
If it is not empty then there is an update on the server and you have information in the sec. OSD.

Possible solution delete / var / volatile / tmp / updatebool file
and put box in standby
Now again you should have updatebool file but empty (0 bits),
and no information in the sec. OSD.
If not empty and no updates then there is an error on the BH server and this file.

I not have that error with DUO4K updates.

meekey

Vu+ Newbie
My image is in the flash on my Ultimo 4k. The file contains only this line " Not selecting python-requests 2.9.2 as installing it would break existing dependencies ". As soon as I delete that file I no longer get the online update available in the second OSD. But it reappears after going into standby.

Matrix10

Administrator
You probably tried to install something, failed due to a dependent file and existing dependencies.
That still needs to be tested.
There may be some bug in such a case of unsuccessful installation.

yoko

Vu+ Newbie
I have :
Not selecting uchardet 0.0.6+git247+bdfd611 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
And after deleting it keeps coming back..

meekey

Vu+ Newbie
I have just updated my box to 3.0.9.P and the "update is a avilable" problem looks to have been fixed.