Barry Allen Support thread

Shiro

BH-C
Here you can find latest version of Barry Allen plugin and english documentation.

Warning. Barry Allen for Vu+ box is not actively support.
This means that gutemine will reply only when and if he will have time and only for issues not covered by documentation.
So please read the pdf before to ask.

Many thanks to gutemine for his excellent work.

Attachments

• BarryAllen_6.0.6-en.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 2,252
  • enigma2-plugin-extensions-barryallen_11.0.17_all.ipk
    1.3 MB · Views: 4,240
  • enigma2-plugin-extensions-barryallen_11.3_all.ipk
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,159
Last edited by a moderator:

sat gr

BH Lover
Very good news !!!
welcome master in the best team for Vu+ boxes
if you have time i need ask this
can you make barry allen take full image backup usb version (maybe us extra choise) no .nfi for any Vu+ box ?
(vuplus/solo or vuplus/solo2 or vuplus/duo or vuplus/duo2 or vuplus/uno or vuplus/ultimo )

thanks in advance for your time and your reply

and one ask for Shiro
i see your tutorial
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/howto-barry-allen-on-bh-image.12882/
if we run meoboot in our vu box we need delete meoboot folder from usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions before we will install barry allen ?

gutemine

Vu+ User
BA 10.0.2 is now available where the unpacking of nfi images with ubifs should be fixed.

If you use backup_zip option, guess what BA will do ?

If you use booted as source when Flash is bootet, it will even backup root and kernel of Flashimage.

The only thing which will not work for VU+ is backup_nfi and hence it is no shown in the Menu.

And there is no need to uninstall MeoBoot, BA will simply take over /sbin/init.

sat gr

BH Lover
BA 10.0.2 is now available where the unpacking of nfi images with ubifs should be fixed.

If you use backup_zip option, guess what BA will do ?

If you use booted as source when Flash is bootet, it will even backup root and kernel of Flashimage.

The only thing which will not work for VU+ is backup_nfi and hence it is no shown in the Menu.

i mean full backup option vuplus for multiboot image

not need add use backup_zip option but use image's backup tool

in black hole images there is Backup Menu

backup.jpg

and for other images there is this

http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/automatic-full-backup.12889/

Wendy

Vu+ User
Thanks gutemine and BH Team for BA.
I have installed BA in latest BH Image on Vu+ Solo2 and everything worked just fine and can see the BA Image in /media/ba/ba.
But when I choose to boot on the BA Image, each time the Receiver is booting the Flash Image and not the BA Image.
Maybe something I have overlooked?
Thanks.

gutemine

Vu+ User
BA is NOT for BH only, it wokrs with every image in Flash as long as you install nandsim modules to the image to be able to extract ubifs images.

You are not even writing on which box you tried it (solo2 from your signature ?), as you have to be aware that currently I added only profiles for solo2 and ultimo and duo and so far only the first 2 have been reported to be working. All the others will be handled only with a guest profile which is then shown on reboot in the left corner of the boot manager. Adding further boxes is not difficult, but I need the name of the box as written in /proc/stb/info/*model* or boxtype and the output of ls -al /dev/dvb/adapter0

Do a bootlog for checking why it is not booting in your case.

gutemine

Vu+ User
well, then i can't really help as it works for other users. Did you follow the documentation to properly prepare your stick with the HP bootdisk tool. You could also try to copy the flashimage with the BA copy image Feature in the installed images wizzard instead of trying to unpack other images first which could fail to boot due to kernel or driver incompatibilities..

levi

@shiro you must have usb stick connected to on ur stb if your usb stick not connected not installing to internal hdd and fact its wipes everythin of from internal hdd maybe you should put that on your turtuolis

gutemine

Vu+ User
BA doesn't wipe out the internal Harddisk it it is properly mounted and a movie directory is existing

And if you want BA to ignore the harddisk you have to create a noba directory on it.

And all this is explained in the full BA documentation ...

levi

BA doesn't wipe out the internal Harddisk it it is properly mounted and a movie directory is existing

And if you want BA to ignore the harddisk you have to create a noba directory on it.

And all this is explained in the full BA documentation ...
you are wright didn't wipe out all come back now :eek:
how and where create a noba directory? pls thx

gutemine

Vu+ User
Please start reading the installation log. It says on telnet exactly that BA stops all automount during installation and that you have to reboot to get it back (including all automunted devices) - which means then your Harddisk will be simply remountet. And if it finds a movie directory it tells you there also that it resisted to format the device.

mkdir /media/hdd/noba is not too difficult in my opinion and even a simple FTP client can also create a noba directory under the harddisk mount.

BA doumentation you can also find at OoZooN't board ... both German and English. It is not 100% up-to-date, but always a good starting point and advice.

Shiro

BH-C
Ok english pdf of Barry Allen documentation added to the first post.
For de version and updates you can check @ OoZooN board.