BH official Greek Translation

dimfil

BH Lover
Soon I'll post a first "draft" translation to have an idea of how it will look.
In this first version I will include the menus and OSD text, so there will be an adequate first greek GUI for day-to-day use...

Please be patient for the final version. I work it as fast as I can but it will take some time...

Tamaki

Administrator
Soon I'll post a first "draft" translation to have an idea of how it will look.
In this first version I will include the menus and OSD text, so there will be an adequate first greek GUI for day-to-day use...

Please be patient for the final version. I work it as fast as I can but it will take some time...
Don't worry, when it will be ready. :)
No hurry.

dimfil

BH Lover
So, here is the first version of the Greek translation.
The default greek translation of enigma2 is really bad. So bad that it is completely unacceptable and many greek users decide to stay with english GUI sacrificing some uses (EIT etc). For this reason I decided to post this first version which is not completed 100% but it is quite ready in a large extend for day-to-day use and the most uses. Soon I will post the complete translation ready with all text strings translated, but in the meanwhile greek users can use this one to have proper greek language in Black Hole.

Unzip the file and upload to /usr/share/enigma2/po/el/LC_MESSAGES/ overwriting the already existing file. Then restart GUI and choose greek language.

Although I have tried not to make any mistakes, it is possible that you will find some. Please inform (here or by pm) for any mistakes (typos etc) and I will correct them in the final version.

Attachments

• enigma2.mo.zip
    29.4 KB · Views: 24

Tamaki

Administrator
Perfect, thank you very much, i hope some Greek user can help you testing translation.
Tell me when it will be ready definitive version.

aelaramou

BH Lover
Dear friend, I don't want to be a hero. I've checked your work and more or less I had done the same things. Of course since you are giving the translation to the public does not belong to you, but to the users. The only reason that I asked you to contact with me is to give you all my finished translation or - if you wanted to - just exchange opinions on some things regarding the translation, because I think that rarely could find many people to spend their time for this.
I think now you may have understood that when I posted that I volunteered for translation ( http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/black-hole-vu-ultimo-v-2-0-0-rev-a.11192/ ) that was for only one reason. I have no problem to use the english menu, but I know some people that they don't.
On your upload .mo file I've seen some things that they need corrections, according to my opinion, and that was another reason that I asked you to contact me, since there is no reason for people that have the same goal and the speak the same mother language to write about corrections through a feedback. (e.g. instead of "Χρονική Ζώνη" you can write "Ζώνη Ώρας". However, is your job.
Keep up your good work.
Have a nice weekend.

dimfil

BH Lover
We can discuss everything!
That's what forums are for...

I didn't see your post as I don't follow the Ultimo section. If only you had posted in this thread earlier, we could have splitted the job!
But, nevertheless, we can do it now...
Perhaps you could send me your file so I can merge your translation with mine. Then we will do together the final check and give it back to the community.
I'll send you my email address via pm...

PS. "Χρονική Ζώνη" is the official term. "Ζώνη ώρας " is acceptable too, but the same applies to a lot of other strings: there is more than one way to translate them.

dimfil

BH Lover
I don't understand if translation is ready.
I'll wait that you give me ok. :)

I have contacted aelaramou and we will cooperate for the translation. He has already sent me his file and I will take it into account for a more complete translation.
The final version will be posted here.

In the meantime, the first version that I posted above is adequate to be included in a possible update of Black Hole. All needed strings for day-to-day use have been translated.

Tamaki

Administrator
I have contacted aelaramou and we will cooperate for the translation. He has already sent me his file and I will take it into account for a more complete translation.
The final version will be posted here.

In the meantime, the first version that I posted above is adequate to be included in a possible update of Black Hole. All needed strings for day-to-day use have been translated.
Great news.
I'm happy you are going to cooperate.

dimfil

BH Lover
So, and what about me that I had a finished translation? Can i upload it?

OK, you started such a large project, why didn't you applied here to participate in the translation and split the work?
I have already double-passed the translation after aelaramou offered his help.
Sorry, but I don't have the free time to do it another time.

Since you have already finished, post the file here as a final version...
I stop mine...

περι

Vu+ Newbie
I don't wanna do this to you and aelaramou. Its not a competition.
I prefer to see your final work and cross checking it with mine in the end.
Thank you

dimfil

BH Lover
I don't wanna do this to you and aelaramou. Its not a competition.
I prefer to see your final work and cross checking it with mine in the end.
Thank you

Nevermind...
It doesn't matter anymore...
Due to very heavy work schedule, I have to pause working on the translation for a few days.

Please contact aelaramou for cooperation, as he has now the up-to-date file and is continuing the translation. Please, anybody interested, do not make independent work! Team work is always better, contact aelaramou to help him and synchronize your work.

Soon we will have proper greek language for our receivers, as we should have from the beginning of enigma2...
Thanks BlackHole team for giving us this opportunity...

PS. Περι, I didn't mean to offend you in my last post. I was just disappointed because if you had applied properly from the beginning, we should have finished by now!

περι

Vu+ Newbie
I must admit that I started the translation as a personal need. Also, due to hard work, I can't search every day all the forums that I'm member.
In order to help anyone who wants to "see" Greek in his machine, I decide to attach my translation.
Of course everyone can work on that to make it better. I'm not fluent to english language and some mistakes may occur.

Attachments

• enigma2.zip
    111.5 KB · Views: 14

Tamaki

Administrator
I must admit that I started the translation as a personal need. Also, due to hard work, I can't search every day all the forums that I'm member.
In order to help anyone who wants to "see" Greek in his machine, I decide to attach my translation.
Of course everyone can work on that to make it better. I'm not fluent to english language and some mistakes may occur.
Did you use the files given in this forum to translate?

dimfil

BH Lover
OK, so please confirm to me which file should we use for official translation.

In a couple of days, we will provide a final and tested file.
All translations above were taken into account, and almost all strings were checked to fit where they are supposed to be displayed.