BH official Greek Translation

dimfil

BH Lover
Here is the final version of the greek translation. Special thanks to aelaramou for his help, hard work and cooperation.
We all should thank BlackHole team for giving us the opportunity to officially correct the completely terrible translation of enigma2 for some languages.

The translation is checked almost 90% for the text strings to appear OK and be translated so they reflect the greek language and use of a satellite receiver. This is why some strings are not translated word-by-word from the english language but as a greek user would understand better and would feel comfortable with.

It is unavoidable that some mistakes may be present or we have missed/forget to correct. They will be corrected in a future version.
There are also some problems in some screens (wrong position, smaller fonts etc) but they have nothing to do with the translation and it seems to me that they come maybe from the skin or coding. I will post later some screenshots to indicate them to the team.

Unzip the file and upload to /usr/share/enigma2/po/el/LC_MESSAGES/ overwriting the already existing file. Restart GUI and choose Greek from the Menu --> Setup --> System --> Language.
Then enjoy proper greek language for our Vu receivers in Black Hole image...!!!

We hope that soon Black Hole team will include the translation to their releases so that no action will be required for greek users to enjoy the Black Hole images in their native language...

Attachments

• enigma2.zip
    100.8 KB · Views: 28

Tamaki

Administrator
Here is the final version of the greek translation. Special thanks to aelaramou for his help, hard work and cooperation.
We all should thank BlackHole team for giving us the opportunity to officially correct the completely terrible translation of enigma2 for some languages.

The translation is checked almost 90% for the text strings to appear OK and be translated so they reflect the greek language and use of a satellite receiver. This is why some strings are not translated word-by-word from the english language but as a greek user would understand better and would feel comfortable with.

It is unavoidable that some mistakes may be present or we have missed/forget to correct. They will be corrected in a future version.
There are also some problems in some screens (wrong position, smaller fonts etc) but they have nothing to do with the translation and it seems to me that they come maybe from the skin or coding. I will post later some screenshots to indicate them to the team.

Unzip the file and upload to /usr/share/enigma2/po/el/LC_MESSAGES/ overwriting the already existing file. Restart GUI and choose Greek from the Menu --> Setup --> System --> Language.
Then enjoy proper greek language for our Vu receivers in Black Hole image...!!!

We hope that soon Black Hole team will include the translation to their releases so that no action will be required for greek users to enjoy the Black Hole images in their native language...
We need .po file to put in img for new releases.

aelaramou

BH Lover
I'm uploading a file (quiet big) with screenshots (more than 100) GUI fixes to be done and strings that haven't decoded, even that have been translated or may be some of them aren't included in the .po file.
The majority of the screenshots has to do with plugins. As you can see mainly the second line that is the explanatory for the plugin and also the details aren't translated.
Also in the original .po file there are a few strings in german language.
Regards

Attachments

• Translation & GUI.rar
    34.2 MB · Views: 5

Tamaki

Administrator
Instead of making shots it is much better to make i list with English version and greek translation.

aelaramou

BH Lover
Instead of making shots it is much better to make i list with English version and greek translation.
Do you mean both English version and Greek translation strings?
e.g.
English Greek
12345 12345

Do you need something more about GUI?

aelaramou

BH Lover
Since it has been a period that no comments added from the users regarding translation issues and after small fixes, this is the final version of BH Greek translation, in 100%.

Once again, special thanks to dimfil for the cooperation.

In case of new text strings will be added, please let us know.

Keep up the good job.

Regards

Attachments

• enigma2.rar
    77.5 KB · Views: 18

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Since it has been a period that no comments added from the users regarding translation issues and after small fixes, this is the final version of BH Greek translation, in 100%.

Once again, special thanks to dimfil for the cooperation.

In case of new text strings will be added, please let us know.

Keep up the good job.

Regards

Can you confirm to me, that this is the last file you worked on?
Thanks.

aelaramou

BH Lover
Having finished the translation of added 978 strings (24%) and after testing and doing some corrections I'm uploading the .mo file to be tested from everyone who wants to. To test the file just upload it in the folder: /usr/share/enigma2/po/el/LC_MESSAGES overwrting the existing file.
Restart enigma2 and you will have the last translation.
This will last for 7 days and if none has any suggestions will be posted as final.
BH is kindly requested forwarding to coder that all the strings included in CrossEPG Setup Panel have been translated, but they appeared as NON-TRANSLATABLE.
Regards

Attachments

• enigma2.rar
    111.1 KB · Views: 4