BlackHole Vu+ Duo v. 1.6.1 P.B. (Personal Backup)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix10

Administrator
Once again for those who use Meoboot and multiboot
few rules for good multiboot

1.Buy a good USB stick that works well with VU
These are usually cheap and not expensive sticks.
2 GB is enough for multiboot,picon,CrossEPG
2.Prepare stick for Multiboot
read instructions carefully
Create two partitions (Ext3 and FAT) so you will not have problems with the boot (starting..and of remote not working)
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/meoboot-short-user-guide.1899/
3.Install BH image in flash.
4.Mount USB stick but not format if you have make two partitions.
5.Install Meoboot
6.Install images with the same drivers (images published at +- the same time)

Vuvuzela

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, I'm a bit new here, and my question is:
What shall I do with this file that I have downloaded (BhPersonalBackup_bh.tar)?
Place it in a directory? Which?
I tried to unpack it, but it is still a .tar file.

sonc

Vu+ User
Just upgraded from 1.6 to 1.6.1 using personal backup. All worked really well - thank you.

Only things I had to do as they weren't restored were:

1) install the IMDB plugin (it reported a file missing when I went to the green panel)
2) install the "movie retitle" extension
3) download my favorite skins from BH server (can see why, as they may not be compatible with new image).

Also like the changes to the web interface (black VU remote and web tv title "dreambox webtv" replaced by "vu plus web tv").

Thanks - another great image.

bob

Vu+ Newbie
I'm not getting any epg ,crossepg seems to do what it should but then nothing is listed , blackhole epg doesn't work at all just says connection failed ,i have had the same problem on and off for the last few weeks.

silly_me

Vu+ Newbie
I'm not getting any epg ,crossepg seems to do what it should but then nothing is listed , blackhole epg doesn't work at all just says connection failed ,i have had the same problem on and off for the last few weeks.
Hi Bob,

just the obvious firstly - have you a working internet connection?

Press MENU-SETUP-SYSTEM-NETWORK-NETWORK TEST- GREEN BUTTON

Is everything reported as working?

silly_me

Vu+ Newbie
Thats a strange one Bob...

The only other factor is whether or not you have configured the EPG properly to download.

For ease of use, from the plug ins.. the EPG plug in - can you select that and choose a provider.

Then select download..... what happens now..?

Mito

Administrator
It still doesn't show in any menu. Do I have to first install Blackhole 1.6.1? I hoped I could do that afterwards.
Now I run 1.4.1 or 1.5.1, I'm not sure.
You should find it as first item in main menu (Remote control > MENU)

bob

Vu+ Newbie
Thats a strange one Bob...

The only other factor is whether or not you have configured the EPG properly to download.

For ease of use, from the plug ins.. the EPG plug in - can you select that and choose a provider.

Then select download..... what happens now..?
Yes i had it on auto update and worked fine most of the time sometimes i had to download manually but now it won't even do that( connection failed), its not just me , my friend has the same problem.
I have loaded another image and that works fine ,back to blackhole and it doesn't work again.

Status
Not open for further replies.