DD 5.1 optical ok, not with HDMI

legau

Vu+ Newbie
Hello all,

I have an issue with my vu duo2. I want to use my amplifier as an hdmi switch so I finally connected the VU with an hdmi cable. Problem : nothing is in digital, it keeps saying PCM.

I tested with another sat top box and it works perfectly in hdmi (Dolby Digital 5.1 etc.) => so the problem is not the amplifier but the VU DUO2.

I used an optical cable and in this mode, the VU sends a digital signal correctly to the amplifier.

Any idea why HDMI is not working as it should ? tested several Black Hole image, currently on 2.1.7.
Thanks for the help

teto.71

Vu+ User
Hai provato un Tasto audio Il spingere del telecomando e il seleziona la voce dolby digitale ??
A me funziona benissimo in hdmi con finale onkyio
DUO2 con BH 3..0..2 g

Last edited:

Seth_72

Vu+ User
I have no problem at all with my amplifier connected to vuduo2 by hdmi, whats sort of amplifier is it

legau

Vu+ Newbie
Yes I know it is supposed to work, but it doesn't, whatever the audio channel I choose with the yellow button.

The amplifier is a Yamaha RX-V765.
According to me, it is NOT related to the amplifier since amplifier decodes Dolby Digital with another set top box connected with HDMI.

I insist : it works with optical, NOT with HDMI. So the HDMI does NOT send a digital signal. Any idea why?

Seth_72

Vu+ User
just for the cause, try another hmdi Cable, have tested openblackhole , or vix vti , if it is not image related then it can be hardware issue

foxx

Vu+ Newbie
I have the same issue, looks like BH does not support HDMI Edid check and I have not 5.1 on my Harman/Kardon via HDMI. On OBH,Atv,Vti, Vix... works perfect. Try another image from multiboot.

legau

Vu+ Newbie
Already tried another hdmi cable, same problem.

Foxx : which version have you tried ? may be it's corrected on the last release ? can anyone confirm it is working with a VU DUO2 and hdmi + which version ?

Then I will flash the duo2 with this release and test myself.

Weird that black hole does not support digital signal through hdmi. may be a bug with a specific version / driver ?

thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.

legau

Vu+ Newbie
If you mean 2.1.7, that's not a good news => same as me, and not working for me.
What's you amp ? Can you confirm it's a vu+ duo 2, same conditions as described above ?

Seth_72

Vu+ User
Yes i have vuduo2 and blackhole 2,17 and for example
Doly digital works fine on hd channel but some only pcm mvk and dts works fine from nas, i have yamaha rxv377