Descrambling in standby

marcodalli

Vu+ Newbie
Hi everyone, a noob question about descrambling in standby; I've done a few searches about recording more than one encrypted channel at a time, but it seems the only way to do so is to record encrypted streams and then descramble later.
I've seen VTi can descramble while in standby, but haven't found any info about other images; how do they handle this feature? Is it generally reliable or is it better to decrypt on the fly while recording (hence basically losing the 8 tuner)?
Since I'd like to export those recording, descrambling during playback of recorded file is not an option...

I'm curious to know how you achieve simultanoeus recording of encrypted channels using CI modules.

AlexWilMac

It's not possible but not because of the image: it's the C.I. not able to do that. You should search the Internet to find a different solution to this problem... ;)

marcodalli

Vu+ Newbie
Yes, I’m aware of that, this is why I was investigating into standby descrambling, because on paper it looked smart.
Now, let me try to decipher your suggestion: I could move one provider from C.I. to smartcam, but not the other one. Is there something else I’m missing?

thanks!