DNS is restored after restart (DNS Leak)

badanas

Vu+ Newbie
Hello

just installed obh 5.0 on my vu uno 4 se and I am seeing a strange behavior regarding use of vpn.

I have dhcp activated , if not the vpn doesn’t work, and I configured the dns address to 1.1.1.1 to prevent any leak to my isp.

the problem is, every time that box restarts , it will put the default dns IP address and delete the 1.1.1.1. The vpn starts without any problem but the DNS entry’s are leaking to my isp. If I disable the dhcp , it doesn’t delete anymore the dns IP address but like I said before , the vpn doesn’t start.

it is a bug? An expected behavior? In my opinion dns should be separated from dhcp renew to prevent this kind of situation.

thank you

badanas

Vu+ Newbie
I just found the problem why the vpn was not starting using fixed ip after dhcp.

when vpn starts and dhcp is active it will change the gateway IP address to the gateway ip from the vpn server.

if I disable dhcp and change the gateway address to my home router and restart the box the vpn will start and the gateway ip will not be changed, It stays on my router ip.