Duo2 CFE bootloader update.

a943b

Vu+ Newbie
Expressly after what happened to me, I regret that I bought at a cost of expensive receiver for the company, how Alfio + defective that Tsdrhecma sophisticated technology without the support of private Flash technology and third-party solutions through RS232

Rustyshane

Vu+ Newbie
HI, Just bought a VU+Duo. Do I need to upload the file posted by Shiro in 2013 before I try to upload Black Hole flash? thanks, S

Ferran Gonzalez

Vu+ Newbie
Hi there... need som help, please!

After installing a few plugins, DUO2 restarts again and again. No way to upgrade or restore to factory settings. I have followed the directions I found on the VU+ website (downloaded the rigth version of software from code.vuplus.com, used an FAT32 USB dirve, etc) but the STB seams not to find anything in the usb port (nor the front one or the back ones), so keeps restarting again and again.

Any idea on how to overpass this situation?

And please, excuse my poor english!... :(

nunigaia

After installing a few plugins, DUO2 restarts again and again. No way to upgrade or restore to factory settings. I have followed the directions I found on the VU+ website (downloaded the rigth version of software from code.vuplus.com, used an FAT32 USB dirve, etc) but the STB seams not to find anything in the usb port (nor the front one or the back ones), so keeps restarting again and again.

Power off your STB.
Remove all USB devices attached to your STB ...

Insert the USB device containing the files needed for flashing it, on the front USB port.

" Duo2 is only flashable via the front usb port. "

Try again.

Mick12334

Also try holding down the front power button, from booting, until it recognizes the USB stick, and starts formatting.

nunigaia

Next time, wait for answers and don´t spamm through the forum.

best regards
nunigaia

Ferran Gonzalez

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you for your answers but it makes no difference holding down the front power button while booting... :(

Is it there any other procedure to get my STB back to work?... perhaps a way to access the system trough the LAN connection and may be erasing the plugin's I tried to install to get the STB back to it's previous state?... any other idea?

@nunigaia: I'm sorry and I do apologize if I did something wrong due to my lack of experience around here, but what do you mean with "wait for answers and don't spamm through the forum"?... I just posted my question and didn't get back to the thread until had an answer. The only other thing I did was posting the same question in Spanish in the Spanish support thread which existence I realized just afterwords... is that second post what you mean "spamming"?... should I have posted my question in a different thread instead of this one?

Thank you again in advance for your answers!

Mick12334

Just try different brand USB sticks, usually the smaller ones do the trick.
Many have had similar problems and often find there old USB sticks, or cheaper ones, work where their newer ones failed.

nunigaia

Thank you for your answers but it makes no difference holding down the front power button while booting... :(

Is it there any other procedure to get my STB back to work?... perhaps a way to access the system trough the LAN connection and may be erasing the plugin's I tried to install to get the STB back to it's previous state?... any other idea?

@nunigaia: I'm sorry and I do apologize if I did something wrong due to my lack of experience around here, but what do you mean with "wait for answers and don't spamm through the forum"?... I just posted my question and didn't get back to the thread until had an answer. The only other thing I did was posting the same question in Spanish in the Spanish support thread which existence I realized just afterwords... is that second post what you mean "spamming"?... should I have posted my question in a different thread instead of this one?

Thank you again in advance for your answers!

Because you have a thread in spanish for the same question. So the thread was duplicated! But no problem, the next time you already knows. ;)

Ferran Gonzalez

Vu+ Newbie
Just try different brand USB sticks, usually the smaller ones do the trick.
Many have had similar problems and often find there old USB sticks, or cheaper ones, work where their newer ones failed.

I've tried 5 different USB sticks (from 64GB to 4GB) from different brands... 3 of them are just 4GB (two are cheap merchandising stuff)... most of them originally FT32 formatted (the rest I did with Macrorit Disk Partition Expert Free tool since my PC has Windows 10 installed and it just formats exFAT whic I'm not sure works). I'll do my best to find any other USB sticks around, but I'm afraid it's all I have... :(

nunigaia

I've tried 5 different USB sticks (from 64GB to 4GB) from different brands... 3 of them are just 4GB (two are cheap merchandising stuff)... most of them originally FT32 formatted (the rest I did with Macrorit Disk Partition Expert Free tool since my PC has Windows 10 installed and it just formats exFAT whic I'm not sure works). I'll do my best to find any other USB sticks around, but I'm afraid it's all I have... :(

Sorry, but your windows should format in FAT32 FS ...

Insert your USB device ... Let it being detected in windows 10 ... click over it the right mouse button ... format device applying to format as FAT32.

Don't use USB devices rather than USB 2.0 ... 3.0 probably not work.

Before flashing ... remove all usb devices attached to your STB ( any kind of usb devices ( ex: tuners, hdd, other usb pen )), and it doesn't matter if they are attached to the 2 usb back ports that your receiver has.

1) Unpack the zip file containing the image downloaded from our forum BlackHole 3.0.1 for Duo2 , to a folder on your PC. Open the unpacked folder and copy <vuplus> folder and subfolders and files to your USB Pen Drive.

2) With the Duo2 ( turned off - the power button on the back of DUO2 ), insert the USB stick containing the firmware needed for flashing.

3) Power on the DUO2 by releasing the power button on the back.

4) In the display ( VFD ... you should be prompted for updating image ... press the litte button near the front usb port for flashing it ).

Only remove the USB device after boots normally the image you have flashded.

Gabu

Vu+ Newbie
This update is needed to use the plugin "Wake on Lan" that will be available in the next Black Hole 2.0.5 version for Duo2.

Instructions:
1. Unzip the Duo2_CFE_V2.zip to USB stick.(cfe_cfe_auto.bin, cfe_cfe_auto.md5sum and cfe_cfe_auto.model should be at /vuplus/duo2 folder)
2. Insert USB stick into the USB port of Duo2 and turn the power on.
3. Press the front power button when Update message is shown.
5. It takes just a few seconds to update.
5. If Duo2 displays the message "Finished..reboot", remove the USB stick and restart the box.
5. To update image later, you should delete the all cfe_cfe_auto.* at /vuplus/duo2 in USB stick once CFE update is finished.

File:

http://archive.vuplus.com/download/cfe/duo2/v2/Duo2_CFE_V2.zip
Sorry still need install this bootloader? While avende the 3. 2?

Mick12334

If you have Black Hole 3.0.2 loaded, or any later version of Black Hole, you must already have the latest VU+ Duo 2 bootloader, which was released in 2012.
If you switch off your Duo 2, at the rear, and then turn it on again, you can briefly see the CFE version displayed, on the VU+ Duo 2.

Note:

The version of CFE displayed must be 2.0