DUO4K SE what HDD format

roverdublin

Vu+ Newbie
I bought a VU+ DUO 4K SE and want to add a 1T hard disk for recordings into the detachable 2.5”HDD Slot.
I cannot find any specification about the way I have to format this disk.

Should it be exFAT or Ntfs ?

Thanks

Konrad Lorinczi

Vu+ Newbie
I bought a VU+ DUO 4K SE and want to add a 1T hard disk for recordings into the detachable 2.5”HDD Slot.
I cannot find any specification about the way I have to format this disk.

Should it be exFAT or Ntfs ?

Thanks
I just bought VU+ DUO 4K SE BT Edition with 1x slot DVB-C tuner.
Just testing.

I attached an NTFS formatted HDD through USB, and I was able to play all .TS video files from it.
But write is not supported on NTFS, as far as I noticed until now.

Likely recording needs EXT4 formatted disk.

Best regards,
Konrad

AlexWilMac

The fact is that you can easily install a NTFS driver for our boxes but it won't be never the same, either in terms of performance or in terms of reliability.

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
I just bought VU+ DUO 4K SE BT Edition with 1x slot DVB-C tuner.
Just testing.

I attached an NTFS formatted HDD through USB, and I was able to play all .TS video files from it.
But write is not supported on NTFS, as far as I noticed until now.

Likely recording needs EXT4 formatted disk.

Best regards,
Konrad

Why do not you use the HDD slot?

Konrad Lorinczi

Vu+ Newbie
I believe... but sure that a slot connection is better than USB. My disk is in NTFS and the recordings happen smoothly.
NTFS write support may not be available in all firmwares.

My device is:
Device: VU+ DUO 4K SE BT Edition with 1x slot DVB-C tuner
Version: 2020-03-18-vuplus_experimental
Image: Experimental 2020-09- 04
It seems it doesn't support NTFS write, I was not able to use it as recording target.

AlexWilMac

1) A 2,5" HDD (or even SSD) nowadays is not a precious thing... and the comfort of having it internal is huge.
2) You are using the original VUplus image (the operative system), which is quite limited. Nobody, probably, uses it ;)
That's why this is the forum of two alternative images: BH and OBH (BlackHole and OpenBlackHole): the first is based on the original vuplus code; the second is an open project.
OBH surely has the chance of installing NTFS drivers; BH I don't remember.
But, above all.... it seems you want to do everything with just this HDD: why you don't format it as ext4 by the image? Although, I don't know if the original vuplus image has got the formatting feature: I haven't used it not even for one day ;)