Flash imagen (open-multiboot)

tiger2000

Vu+ User
Hello everybody
I delete the wrong XBMC file on usr/lib/XBMC(yellow carpet) after reinstalled in the same direction i have some some issues "crash messages" (green screen).On my Open black hole image
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/xbmc-kodi.24002/

Probably i have three ways to fix my problem:
1) post the green screen message to receive support and try to fix the problem
2) reinstall the XBMC
3) flash the imagen and start over again

I am new on enigma2 and To me is not problem to flash the imagen and start over again
I have the same installation like this tutorial:
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/how-to-use-open-multiboot-on-open-black-hole.23270/

I am using Open multiboot function Open black hole (flash) and Open pli 4.0 (boot)
My Question is : Could flash Open black hole Imagen and then connect my usb stick and still have my Open multiboot function with my imagen (boot) intact without problems ??
"or" If I flash my Open black hole image and need to start over again all multiboot process
thanks in advance

nunigaia

Hello everybody
I delete the wrong XBMC file on usr/lib/XBMC(yellow carpet) after reinstalled in the same direction i have some some issues "crash messages" (green screen).On my Open black hole image
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/xbmc-kodi.24002/

Probably i have three ways to fix my problem:
1) post the green screen message to receive support and try to fix the problem
2) reinstall the XBMC
3) flash the imagen and start over again

I am new on enigma2 and To me is not problem to flash the imagen and start over again
I have the same installation like this tutorial:
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/how-to-use-open-multiboot-on-open-black-hole.23270/

I am using Open multiboot function Open black hole (flash) and Open pli 4.0 (boot)
My Question is : Could flash Open black hole Imagen and then connect my usb stick and still have my Open multiboot function with my imagen (boot) intact without problems ??
"or" If I flash my Open black hole image and need to start over again all multiboot process
thanks in advance

Answer --> 3. Unfortunately you have to flash the image again ... cause it´s not possible to add XBMC ( deleted ) ...
As you don´t have HDD ... i think ... you can map to handle a second pen usb drive as /media/hdd ... and it must be mounted and running ... before pushing for the first time XBMC Launcher!

best regards
nunigaia

tiger2000

Vu+ User
Answer --> 3. Unfortunately you have to flash the image again ... cause it´s not possible to add XBMC ( deleted ) ...
As you don´t have HDD ... i think ... you can map to handle a second pen usb drive as /media/hdd ... and it must be mounted and running ... before pushing for the first time XBMC Launcher!

best regards
nunigaia
So my multiboot installation is kept after re-flash Open black hole image.. right?..and I dont need to install 'multiboot" process again.
One question: As I have followed the same instructions about multiboot tutorial, we have one partition (sbd2: 8000 GB) into the USB stick mapped as Media/usb available. Can I use this available GB into my USB stick to put my XBMC.. Obviously to Re-mapp again this part to media/Hdd.. Is posible? or definately I should have 2 USB sticks inserted in Both slots (one for multiboot and one for XBMC)
thanks for your support

nunigaia

So my multiboot installation is kept after re-flash Open black hole image.. right?..and I dont need to install 'multiboot" process again.
One question: As I have followed the same instructions about multiboot tutorial, we have one partition (sbd2: 8000 GB) into the USB stick mapped as Media/usb available. Can I use this available GB into my USB stick to put my XBMC.. Obviously to Re-mapp again this part to media/Hdd.. Is posible? or definately I should have 2 USB sticks inserted in Both slots (one for multiboot and one for XBMC)
thanks for your support

No ... You have to start from scratch ... make previously a copy of your settings ... if you intend!
Upon ... install OBH in flash ... to use Open Multiboot ... you have to unpack all images you want as it was for the first time!
Not tested ... but i think ... you can ... ( and sorry i can´n test it for you ... cause i have on my duo2 an internal HDD ) ... so .. give it a try before installing any Open Multiboot Image.

The steps:

Initialize your USB PEN with 2 Partitions ... one reserved for OMB ( as on the GUIDE ) --> map it as /media/usb and the other map it as /media/hdd.

Try to see upon maping ... if they are maped as must me --> on Blackhole App´s --> Select Devices Manager!

Any dought, reply
Reply your results too!...

best regards
nunigaia

tiger2000

Vu+ User
I have tried to install the multiboot with my USB (already formatted in 2 partitions) into the new Open black hole image but not success. The problem that I saw is after click on to start Multiboot image (open pli 4.0) nothing happen. Obviously I transferred the image zip file into Media/usb.. I got to map my Usb stick (2 partitions) media/usb (for multiboot) and media /hdd (for xbmc) but multiboot does not work after click on the boot imagen
So, I have started everything process again. Flash new Image Open black hole and then followed all instructions about Multiboot process including formating my USB stick..
Now everything works very well
thanks

thanks

nunigaia

I have tried to install the multiboot with my USB (already formatted in 2 partitions) into the new Open black hole image but not success. The problem that I saw is after click on to start Multiboot image (open pli 4.0) nothing happen. Obviously I transferred the image zip file into Media/usb.. I got to map my Usb stick (2 partitions) media/usb (for multiboot) and media /hdd (for xbmc) but multiboot does not work after click on the boot imagen
So, I have started everything process again. Flash new Image Open black hole and then followed all instructions about Multiboot process including formating my USB stick..
Now everything works very well
thanks

thanks

Happy to know that! :thanks: for repporting!

best regards
nunigaia

tiger2000

Vu+ User
Hello
I have seen one strange thing on my Open multiboot boot installation.
Just little remind : I am using Vu+ solo HD SE receiver with Open-multiboot installation and One 16 GB USB stick 2 partitions (1-partition = Open multiboot (media/usb), 2- partition XBMC (media/hdd) Open black hole (flash), Openpli 4.0 (Boot).Everything working very well.

This weekend I have connected other Usb stick 16 GB (on the second usb port receiver) to configurate and then record my satellites channels
I have followed these instructions..all succesfully (folder created: media/usb/movie)
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/how-to-setup-your-vu-for-recording-on-usb.5491/

If I am into Open black hole image and then I want to go to boot image (open pli 4.0) I press plugins==>> Open multiboot and I get this mesage:
Question:
Where do you want to install Open multiboot? The same message on this post:

If I disconnect my second USB stick (rec purpose) the message does not appears..and everything works as normal.
If I am into Open pli and then I want to return to Flash image (Open black hole) Is working normal. Just Plugins ==>>Open multiboot==>> flash image and not problems with the second USB stick (rec purpose) connected

Again:
This happen ONLY If I want to go from Open black hole to Open pli 4.0 with the second USB port stick connected (rec purposes).
The multiboot installation seems not afected just the message is really "STRANGE"

Any Ideas or suggestions..
Thanks in advance

nunigaia

Hello
I have seen one strange thing on my Open multiboot boot installation.
Just little remind : I am using Vu+ solo HD SE receiver with Open-multiboot installation and One 16 GB USB stick 2 partitions (1-partition = Open multiboot (media/usb), 2- partition XBMC (media/hdd) Open black hole (flash), Openpli 4.0 (Boot).Everything working very well.

This weekend I have connected other Usb stick 16 GB (on the second usb port receiver) to configurate and then record my satellites channels
I have followed these instructions..all succesfully (folder created: media/usb/movie)
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/how-to-setup-your-vu-for-recording-on-usb.5491/

If I am into Open black hole image and then I want to go to boot image (open pli 4.0) I press plugins==>> Open multiboot and I get this mesage:
Question:
Where do you want to install Open multiboot? The same message on this post:

If I disconnect my second USB stick (rec purpose) the message does not appears..and everything works as normal.
If I am into Open pli and then I want to return to Flash image (Open black hole) Is working normal. Just Plugins ==>>Open multiboot==>> flash image and not problems with the second USB stick (rec purpose) connected

Again:
This happen ONLY If I want to go from Open black hole to Open pli 4.0 with the second USB port stick connected (rec purposes).
The multiboot installation seems not afected just the message is really "STRANGE"

Any Ideas or suggestions..
Thanks in advance

Hi @tiger2000

Even you don´t have a HDD on your system ... instead using your second usb pen drive as /media/usb/movie map it as /media/hdd --> and create on /media/hdd the <movie> folder for recording.

Try it!

In this can you´ll have an media as:

1 - /media/usb

and other as,

2 - /media/hdd

I think on OpenPli 4.0 you haven´t this issue because, even you map your stick as /media/usb ... it assumes as /media/omb.

best regards
nunigaia

tiger2000

Vu+ User
Yes!!!.. I have followed your advice and everything working very well.. no anymore messages!!!
I have one question:
How I can get to record my satellite channels on my Boot Image (open pli 4.0)?
I need to follow the same instructions that I did to Open black hole (flash image) ?
Map the same Usb stick (media/hdd), create the folder movie (media/hdd/movie)
and set up=> system=> recording paths=> change to media/hdd/movie all settings?
thanks

tiger2000

Vu+ User
I do not want to create a new thread because my question is related to multiboot..

Questions:
Is posible to record satellites channels from "boot" imagen?.
Is posible to record satellites channels from "flash" imagen and "boot" imagen in the same direction/device Usb or Hdd ?
How I can set it?
My situation: using Vu+hd se receiver: 1 Usb slot Used to multiboot and XBMC, 2 Usb slot already configurated and used to record satellite channels from Flash Imagen (open black hole).
I can not figure out how set to rec on my boot imagen
E-sata slot : empty
thanks in advance

nunigaia

I do not want to create a new thread because my question is related to multiboot..

Questions:
Is posible to record satellites channels from "boot" imagen?.
Is posible to record satellites channels from "flash" imagen and "boot" imagen in the same direction/device Usb or Hdd ?
How I can set it?
My situation: using Vu+hd se receiver: 1 Usb slot Used to multiboot and XBMC, 2 Usb slot already configurated and used to record satellite channels from Flash Imagen (open black hole).
I can not figure out how set to rec on my boot imagen
E-sata slot : empty
thanks in advance

I think it´s possibl, but you have to create 2 partitions on your usb pen drive, but don´t expect to record a lot of media on a usb pen drive!

1) Partition 1 --> /media/usb for Open Multiboot
2) Partition 2 --> /media/hdd , inside create <movie> folder for recordings!

best regards
nunigaia

tiger2000

Vu+ User
I think it´s possibl, but you have to create 2 partitions on your usb pen drive, but don´t expect to record a lot of media on a usb pen drive!

2) Partition 2 --> /media/hdd , inside create <movie> folder for recordings!

best regards
nunigaia
Thanks nunigaia
Yes, sound logic but do you think that :

Could not affect my multiboot installation? remember that I changed from media/usb to media/hdd due message issues . post#9

Do you think that is better to have 1 Usb slot to rec Flash imagen and Use my E-sata slot (hard drive) to rec Boot imagen ?

Thanks for your support:rolleyes:

nunigaia

Thanks nunigaia
Yes, sound logic but do you think that :

Could not affect my multiboot installation? remember that I changed from media/usb to media/hdd due message issues . post#9

Do you think that is better to have 1 Usb slot to rec Flash imagen and Use my E-sata slot (hard drive) to rec Boot imagen ?

Thanks for your support:rolleyes:

I´ve readed your post #9!

Better:

1 Pen USB Drive that have all Multiboot images and picons mapped as /media/usb
Note: On this you can have too ... your picons files.

1 HDD ( E-sata U) or internal HDD ... depends of your STB model ... for recording and to have all your media content! mapped as /media/hdd

best regards
nunigaia