Flashing issue - Ultimo 4k

Shenasi

Vu+ Newbie
I have Ultimo 4K with installed BH image. Further, I have hard disk installed. I tried to reflash the STB and I faced with the issue, the process of installation stopped in step "FLASHING IMAGES", no movement to the Updating Rootfs and automatically reboot steps. Initially I thought that I have problems with the USB, I formatted all usb in FAT 32, I tried with differents images VTI, OPEN PLI, OPENATV but the issue still was the same, the process of installation stopped in step "FLASHING IMAGES". After 10 or more attempts I remember that probably is samo hardware conflict which stop the installation so I decided to remove the cover of box and unplug the hard disk from the motherboard and tried to flash the box again and after that everything was OK, the image was installed. The hard disk is formatted and mounted and working perfectly after reflashing. The hard disk is new.

I wondering whether I need to unplug the hard disk when I reflash the box.

Has someone of you had the same issue and how was resolved. Please advice!!

Thank you in advance,

Mick12334

You shouldn't have to disconnect the hard drive, to load an image, on your receiver.
How many USB sticks, did you try?
Were they all the same manufacturer, and size?
The cheaper, smaller, USB sticks usually work, I use a cheap Toshiba 8GB, and 16GB, models.

Shenasi

Vu+ Newbie
I tried with 3 USB, Kingston 8 GB, Verbatim 14.4 GB and Patriot 8 GB. I formatted all USB with HP USB Disk Storage Format tools, For copy image folders I used Tera Copy.
After many times attempt, I just disconnected the hard disk and without any problems I flashe the STB. The bought the hard disk few months after I purchase the STB and I remember that I reflash the STB and I did not have any problem. I installed the hard disk and after few month when I decided to reflash the box I had problems with the flashing.

The problems comes with connected hard disk otherwise I do not have problem with USB and STB. Hard disk is new, Wester Digital 1GB

Matrix10

Administrator
I have Ultimo 4K with installed BH image. Further, I have hard disk installed. I tried to reflash the STB and I faced with the issue, the process of installation stopped in step "FLASHING IMAGES", no movement to the Updating Rootfs and automatically reboot steps. Initially I thought that I have problems with the USB, I formatted all usb in FAT 32, I tried with differents images VTI, OPEN PLI, OPENATV but the issue still was the same, the process of installation stopped in step "FLASHING IMAGES". After 10 or more attempts I remember that probably is samo hardware conflict which stop the installation so I decided to remove the cover of box and unplug the hard disk from the motherboard and tried to flash the box again and after that everything was OK, the image was installed. The hard disk is formatted and mounted and working perfectly after reflashing. The hard disk is new.

I wondering whether I need to unplug the hard disk when I reflash the box.

Has someone of you had the same issue and how was resolved. Please advice!!

Thank you in advance,

I had the same,
With one Hard Drive not only on Ultimo 4K but also on Solo 4k.

What is the reason I do not know.
With another harddisk, everything works properly.

It is possible that some HDDs have a large initial current
Or something similar and disruption, USB flash image.

I'm not sure if these disks are in some way defective
And even HDD sound on solo 4K with the same HDD.

I would still search for another HDD.

(HDD with problem is WD Blue WD7500BPWX)
I think I have put another model (not WD) that works without any problems.
I'm not sure whether it depends on the model or is it
Some HDD invisible defect.

Last edited:

Matrix10

Administrator
I wanted only to tell you that I tested the same case.
And that the replacement of HDD solved the problem.

Different disc is in box for a couple of months
without a hitch.

Is there a problem with WD blue I do not know
Because I did not have the same matching disk for testing.

I emphasize that the same test result was on Solo 4k and Ultimo 4k
and flashing problem with HDD connected.
Exactly how did you describe it...

Stekie

Vu+ Newbie
I can confirm that the 4k will not flash with the WD10upx pluged in i replaced with a SSD now no problem.

Regards Stekie