Solo [HARDWARE PROBLEM][DIAGNOSE][HELP] Solo SE V2 don't boot

Kataryno

Vu+ Newbie
Hello Vu Community,

Last week i had bad luck with my 3-year-old VuSoloSE. Some kind of short circuit originated on a high consumption appliance caused somehow to burn the HDMI module from my TV and all devices to it connected including my box Vu. Only this TV and box were affected however the TV still works fine only HDMI ports become unusable.

What concerns me the most is in fact the Vu Box that now won't boot despite of having the front light turned ON. Network is unreachable and the LED lights from network card are permanently turned on. Images attached!

I tried to search around web to understand what might be the problem to try to save the box but nothing found for this specific model only for vu duo and the red light problem that is solved by replacing some capacitors.

Since this problem was in fact related with some electrical discharge maybe something is related to capacitors as well but since the box motherboard has so many is like finding a needle on a haystack. Currently I don’t have my serial cable with me so I cannot plug it in to the box for trying to obtain some kind of log.

So if anyone has any ideas what could be the problem? Anyone experienced similar situation?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• FJIMG_20190303_113532.jpg
    FJIMG_20190303_113532.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 32
  • FJIMG_20190303_113542.jpg
    FJIMG_20190303_113542.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 31
  • FJIMG_20190303_113627.jpg
    FJIMG_20190303_113627.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 32

AlexWilMac

This kind of serious electronic problems are hardly likely to be solved by a forum: you need a good technician, hoping that your problem is only in some capacitors or in the power supply and not in the motherboard itself.

Kataryno

Vu+ Newbie
In fact im trying to get a professional to work on this box but in my country there isn’t a lot of shops that work with this kind of hardware.

On the next weekend I will have the possibility to connect the serial cable to the box and try to obtain more information from it.

AlexWilMac

I think (and hope) for you is the power supply section the problem, because the motherboard (the most delicate part, as everything electronics) would be impossible to fix.
The capacitors, probably can't be affected by a power problem. But, in case, they are easy to be changed, especially by a technician.

Kataryno

Vu+ Newbie
My concern is in fact that the electrical discharge problem came from TV from the HDMI port and propagate to the other HDMI devices connected…

Kataryno

Vu+ Newbie
ello,

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

In fact I went to an electronic shop and the guy that made the diagnose said it must be something with graphic/CPU no repair is possible.

I did not tried yet to connect to serial port because i don´t have any RJ12 connector available at the moment to the make cable but since I already got the diagnose I think is not important anymore to do that right? What is your opinion?

taghlaoui

Vu+ Newbie
Hi @Kataryno,

I have the same problem with the same box (Vu+ SOLO SE).

I want to ask:
Did you fix it? or achieve anything? - After all these 3 years :cool:

and most important:

How to diagnose in PuTTY using Serial Connection?
What the settings should I do inside PuTTY for Serial Communication?

:thanks:

Kataryno

Vu+ Newbie
Hello!

Unfortunately no. Since I got the diagnose from the technician I completely put aside the box and didn't even try to access it by serial cable.

Regards

Tonysakai

Vu+ Newbie
Hello Vu Community,

Last week i had bad luck with my 3-year-old VuSoloSE. Some kind of short circuit originated on a high consumption appliance caused somehow to burn the HDMI module from my TV and all devices to it connected including my box Vu. Only this TV and box were affected however the TV still works fine only HDMI ports become unusable.

What concerns me the most is in fact the Vu Box that now won't boot despite of having the front light turned ON. Network is unreachable and the LED lights from network card are permanently turned on. Images attached!

I tried to search around web to understand what might be the problem to try to save the box but nothing found for this specific model only for vu duo and the red light problem that is solved by replacing some capacitors.

Since this problem was in fact related with some electrical discharge maybe something is related to capacitors as well but since the box motherboard has so many is like finding a needle on a haystack. Currently I don’t have my serial cable with me so I cannot plug it in to the box for trying to obtain some kind of log.

So if anyone has any ideas what could be the problem? Anyone experienced similar situation?

Thanks in advance
Check all the capacitors .if you know how to check fine but if y
Hello Vu Community,

Thanks in advance
Check all of the capacitors.if you don't know how, look for capacitors with some popped up top or having a crack or smell or darkened.it could help