HDMI CEC

Menne.0201

Vu+ Newbie
Hello friends. I have the following problem with my duo4k. I can not forward the volume on my AVR. There are some menu items in the hdmi attitude not available that I can ask yes, as I find it in other images. Is there a solution ? thank you in advance.

a911

The BH Lover
none of you has the problem that he wants to operate with the vu remote control and his hifi receiver?

If your WiFi receiver or TV RC has a button for Sync menu?

I have Sony Tv, LG wifi (Home Theater), VU+ , and all are synchronized.

Menne.0201

Vu+ Newbie
yes my sony tv has a sync menu. my yamaha receiver too, i can also match any image with my yamaha. only this not. Settings in the cec menu are also missing.

er2or

Vu+ Newbie
Hey! Let me use your CEC thread.
I experience problems too. I have Panasonic TV with Marantz AVR connected through HDMI ARC. STB VU+ Duo4K and Playstation4 connected to TV. HDMI CEC is working except these cases.
1. When I switch TV source to PS4, the input switches for about 2-3 seconds and then changes back to input of the STB. Like the STB wouldnt want to let go... Only way to switch to another source is to shut the STB down or unplug it. (the issue is intermittent, is there a way to see hdmi cec logs? the plugin has some logging option but only serial console?!)
2. This issue might be HDMI working as designed. When I have all devices connected through the AVR and I turn one ON -> TV and AVR switches ON, tv switches input to the one of AVR, but AVR wont - I have to switch input manually. On top of that STB may block switching to another input - issue 1.

Any suggestions guys? Thanks.

Sharo

Vu+ Newbie
I have the same problems, which I'm fighting with. I manage to add AV volume control to the plugin (got the idea from VTI's hdmicec.py). Now to the er2or's problems:
(2) looks like configuration error - i never had such problems, but sometimes audio is passed to tv instead of av. Maybe timeout is needed. Mine vuplus remains turned off if I turn on TV or AVR.
(1) it looks like wrong treatment of 0x86 and 0x85 codes in plugin's receivemessage routine. I'll share the code once it's ready. However, there is unsolvable problem - it seems that in BH enigma2 passes only first byte of hdmi-cec message (the same is in vuplus original firmware). This way there is no way to get caller's address, and any message on the bus will trigger reply for active source (stealing the input :) )

p.s. for the log file - goto /etc/enigma2/settings and change these to true:
config.hdmicec.logenabledserial=true
config.hdmicec.logenabledfile=true
First one has configuration field in plugin' settings, but second one is commented (hidden).
The log is in /tmp/hdmicec.log

Sharo

Vu+ Newbie
This is my latest somehow working version. It has some drawbacks, as earlier posted - there is NO WAY to check if hdmi-cec message is addressed to VU+. This is valid for wakeup messages, source change, audio path change. LG TVs are issuing KEY_STOP command on source change - that's what i use for source change trigger. Wakeup - might trigger spontaneous wakeups.

Installation - use it on your own risk! hdmicec.py goes to enigma Components. plugin.py - to HDMICEC plugin folder.

Attachments

• HDMICEC.zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 31