HDMI not working on some PC monitors

claclacla

Vu+ Newbie
I have a Vu+ Zero 4k and HDMI output does not always work. I have tried 2 TVs and 3 PC monitors. HDMI works on TVs but not on monitors. To be more specific, when the box is connected to any of the PC monitors, I can see the OBH splash screen when booting but then the monitor shows "HDMI signal not found" message.

OpenWebif and streaming always works, so it is just the output to HDMI when connected to a PC monitor.

Is that a matter of signal strenght? Can that be changed in some config file? Thanks!

If you have set your AV settings to UHD (2160) your PC monitors probably can't handle it.
They are probably only HD (1080p) so use WebIf to change the settings and all should work just fine

AlexWilMac

Or, maybe, you set the wrong "frequency" of refresh rate. This is surely an A/V setting wrong because this is the typical message every monitor gives if you choose improper values.
What has to do the signal strength with HDMI?!?

claclacla

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for the replaying! By changing the resolution I was able to get it working on one of the pc screens.
On a side note, I was not able to change the resolution via openwebif (not sure where that setting is) so i had to do it with the remote control while capturing screenshots of the UI via openwebif.

cheers!

You have a remote control in OpenWebif to the left you could use ;)
Anyway nice that you manage to sort it out