How do configure a Solo2 with two LNB inputs?

Giorgos

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

Please help if you can.

I have recently purchased a Solo2 and I have connected the two cables from my twin LNB to LNB1 and LNB 2.

The question I like to ask is how do I configure the Solo2 so that I can watch a channel from oneTuner (say A) and record from the other Tuner (Say B)?

Once more, your help will greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Giorgos

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Hi,

Please help if you can.

I have recently purchased a Solo2 and I have connected the two cables from my twin LNB to LNB1 and LNB 2.

The question I like to ask is how do I configure the Solo2 so that I can watch a channel from oneTuner (say A) and record from the other Tuner (Say B)?

Kind Regards,

Giorgos

Tuner A: Configuration Mode - Simple, Mode - Single, Satellite - Your Sat, Send DiSEqC - No
Tuner B: Configuration Mode - Simple, Mode - Single, Satellite - Your Sat, Send DiSEqC - No

Giorgos

Vu+ Newbie
Tuner A: Configuration Mode - Simple, Mode - Single, Satellite - Your Sat, Send DiSEqC - No
Tuner B: Configuration Mode - Simple, Mode - Single, Satellite - Your Sat, Send DiSEqC - No

Hi Paolino,

Thank you for your email and suggestion.

I have just configured Tuner A and Tuner B as per your suggestion but this does not work and I suspect under Tuner A and then under reception settings, the Configuration Mode is set to simple and the mode to single. However, by moving the existing mode from Positioner to Single, the receiver cannot locate any satellites and when I tried to search for channels on Hotbird 13.0E, it failed.

Somehow, I feel that when I configure the two tuners, mode as a "positioner" must not change.

However, your effort in trying to help is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Giorgos..

Giorgos

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Paolino,

Thank you for your email and suggestion.

I have just configured Tuner A and Tuner B as per your suggestion but this does not work and I suspect under Tuner A and then under reception settings, the Configuration Mode is set to simple and the mode to single. However, by moving the existing mode from Positioner to Single, the receiver cannot locate any satellites and when I tried to search for channels on Hotbird 13.0E, it failed.

Somehow, I feel that when I configure the two tuners, mode as a "positioner" must not change.

However, your effort in trying to help is greatly appreciated.

Any Other suggestions please?

Kind Regards,

Giorgos..

paolino

Vu+ User+++
...However, by moving the existing mode from Positioner to Single, the receiver cannot locate any satellites and when I tried to search for channels on Hotbird 13.0E, it failed.

Is your dish motorized or fixed? You didn't write nothing about motor.

Giorgos

Vu+ Newbie
Is your dish motorized or fixed? You didn't write nothing about motor.
Hi Paolino,

My sincere apologies for not clarifying my connetion and configuration properly, but I am new to this and I am finding things by experimenting.

May I therefore give you my detail connection and configuration, which is as below;

SOLO2 Connection:

1. My connection from Solo2, LNB1 goes to motor and then to LNB port 1 on the dish (motorised LNB port1)
2. My connection from solo2, LNB2 goes directly to LNB port 2 on the dish.

My Tuner configuration is as follows:

1. Tuner A: Positioner: USALS
2. Tuner B: Second cable of motorized LNB Tuner A:

With the above connections and setup I can tune to any satellite using Tuner A only.

Kind Regards,

Giorgos

Last edited:

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Hi Paolino,

My sincere apologies for not clarifying my connetion and configuration properly, but I am new to this and I am finding things by experimenting.

May I therefore give you my detail connection and configuration, which is as below;

SOLO2 Connection:

1. My connection from Solo2, LNB1 goes to motor and then to LNB port 1 on the dish (motorised LNB port1)
2. My connection from solo2, LNB2 goes directly to LNB port 2 on the dish.

My Tuner configuration is as follows:

1. Tuner A: Positioner: USALS
2. Tuner B: Second cable of motorized LNB Tuner A:

With the above connections and setup I can tune to any satellite using Tuner A only.

Kind Regards,

Giorgos

Here is a solution: http://www.vuplus-community.net/boa...and-scr-unicable-lnb.13352/page-2#post-107686

About 30 - 40 Eur.

Giorgos

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Paolino,

I just had a look at the solution and it looks very interesting. It is new for me but it is worth experimenting.

I live in London and I am happy to buy you a pint of beer in central London if you are ever around.

In any case, I let you know of the final results.

Many thanks for keeping an eye and offering a solution to a newbie. It is really greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Giorgos.