How does one install the new image?

4KorBust

Vu+ Newbie
I have downloaded BlackHole-3.0.2-vusolo4k_usb_release_20160516_e6f1d77.zip to my USB 3.0 hard drive.

There are so many topics, I cannot find the one that tells how to actually install one of these images, would someone please post a link here?

I am currently running the software that came with the unit, but I cannot find anyway to change the time / date. Looking at the processes running I don't see ntpd running. It is an image from Oct 2015.

Thanks,
-Dave

el bandido

Vu+ User
Probably a good idea to have a Kingston or other good usb pen drive for loading images. Be sure to unzip the image before loading.Unzipping should give you a vuplus folder that contains other folders when opened.

4KorBust

Vu+ Newbie
Probably a good idea to have a Kingston or other good usb pen drive for loading images. Be sure to unzip the image before loading.Unzipping should give you a vuplus folder that contains other folders when opened.

The instructions worked, the thing that wasn't clear was where the power button was, it is NOT the standby button on the front of the Vu+Solo4K, it is behind the panel. Also, there is a USB port there, I ended up using that one as it wasn't blue (so only USB2).

I did lose my transponder settings, but I had only programmed a few satellites.

Is blindscan suppoed to work now with the Black Hole software?

Thanks,
-Dave

el bandido

Vu+ User
Transponder or antenna settings can be saved.
What Country are you in ? Blindscan is not available in the stock 4K FBC tuners yet unless it has recently been added.

4KorBust

Vu+ Newbie
Transponder or antenna settings can be saved.
What Country are you in ? Blindscan is not available in the stock 4K FBC tuners yet unless it has recently been added.

I am in the U.S. There is a blind-scan plugin in the BH plugins, but I am not sure if it is working.

el bandido

Vu+ User
There is no binary file for the FBC tuners that I know of. You will not blindscan without the correct binary file. The plugin you have found is just an interface for the blindscan.

I am also in the U.S., Near Atlanta. You definitely need a blindscan or spend the time altering the satellites.xml file which contains the transponder information. It may be possible to add a factory tuner from the Duo2 for blindscan. I understand this will work on the Solo4K but have not tried or tested it. Other blindscan options would be Sundtek usb DVB-S2 tuner or TBS5925 usb tuner. The 5925 tuner will give you 16 and 32APSK capability. Sundtek blindscan and TBS5925 will not work the same as the Duo2 blindscan. TBS5925 has a killer blindscan but it takes forever to complete a deep scan with 2 MHz step.

FBC tuners are supposed to have blindscan capability, but it is hard to say when or IF Vu+ will make this feature available. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you customize your receiver for the U.S. Enigma2 works anywhere in the world...You can have a killer ATSC receiver. The Solo 4K can support multiple ATSC usb tuners. EB

4KorBust

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks, It appears that no dealer on Amazon.co.uk that sells the dual-tuner DVB-S/S2 to the U.S. Who is a reputable dealer from which to purchase it?

Stu.B

Vu+ Newbie
I have tried several different makes of flash drives and different images. 90% of the flashing attempts failed with it sticking at "flashing image" . Even the ones that completed weren't certain to flash successfully a second time.

The cure was to remove the HDD ( nice and easy) and flash using any combination of flash drive and image. I just pushed the HDD back in place as it was rebooting.

This problem does seem common place.