How to install MediaPlayer2 - Updated 07/09/2016

maddog12

Vu+ Newbie
ive loaded on media player 2 and it tries to open the sources in xbmc but just comes up with timeout=20 live=true any ideas?

maddog12

Vu+ Newbie
It's from the sportsmania plugin not sure what format the streams are in but some only open in the internal xbmc player and the ones that try to use mp2 come up with this message

nunigaia

It's from the sportsmania plugin not sure what format the streams are in but some only open in the internal xbmc player and the ones that try to use mp2 come up with this message

Mediaplayer2 can handle the most popular video formats, like avi, mp4, mkv, etc ... other plugins that envolve network bandwith, network configs, etc ... probably, it´s not the plugin ... but each user configuration!.

best regards
nunigaia

Cromby

Vu+ Newbie
Nobody want to help me ? i have a third problem, this is with album inmp3, when i launch a title of the folder, when i quiet with the button exit, impossbible to exit, automatiquely it moves to the next title

nunigaia

Nobody want to help me ? i have a third problem, this is with album inmp3, when i launch a title of the folder, when i quiet with the button exit, impossbible to exit, automatiquely it moves to the next title

What version of Mediaplayer2 are you using? ... and subssuport? Your Stb Model? Are you playing on local hdd?

nunigaia

the latest version, vu+ solo 2, playing on nas hdd

I don´t use Mediaplayer2 to play Mp3 files, even i don´t have NAS, in any case... try this:

1 - Press <Stop> to stop playing track.
2 - Press <exit> key.

Note: when i play an mp3 file on my local hdd ( vuplus duo2 ), when i press exit ... the track stops ... and leave the Mediaplayer2.

See how it works!
best regards

nunigaia

leonc5

Vu+ Newbie
Everything seems ok on BlackHole 2.1.7 vusolo2 except when manually installing ipk in addons python-xmlrpc_2.7.2-r7.17_mips32el.ipk I get a message won't download

mandrake74

Vu+ Newbie
try upload to your STB this plugin.py attached file by ftp ( DCC or Filezilla ) on this location ---> /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/XBMC

Inside the plugin.zip file you´ll find the plugin.py file

best regards
nunigaia

Obrigado nunigaia, resultou.
(thanks nunigaia, it worked).

nunigaia

Why does my player so it looks ???
View attachment 22977

If you are refering to markers position on bar time ( progress bar ), and if you are using MEDIAPLAYER2, during the playback, i think you have pressed the 0 key on your RCU and made markers on severall positions around the lenght movie.

In this case the markers appear on the progress bar, and you can jump from marker to marker on the movie!

best regards
nunigaia

jeivi

Vu+ Newbie
Good Morning,

I write from Spain . I have a Duo2 with Blackhole + Vu 2.1.7 . I installed the Mediacenter 2 for XBMC . Also I have XBMC installed on a Macbook Pro .
In the laptop I can see all channels of XBMC smoothly. When I use the same channels in Mediacenter 2, some channels do not open.
For example , I can see Fox Sports HD , Argentina Channels, etc ... .but I can not watch channels from the BBC, The Golf Channel and NBC Sports Channel in recent Mediacenter channel 2. All I see no problems in the notebook and they are the same plugins.

How could I fix it?

Thank you

oldgraf

Vu+ Newbie
Is there a way to set cache for network ? Like low or high latency in preference of VLC. i have problem to play internet streams and want 3-5 sec to cache.
thanks

nunigaia

Is there a way to set cache for network ? Like low or high latency in preference of VLC. i have problem to play internet streams and want 3-5 sec to cache.
thanks

No. This is the answer from the dev of Mediaplayer2 regarding an possible issue near to yours of this plugin:

" No, buffering is not mediaplayer2 responsibility. It just uses enigma2 built-in player for playback. So it is entirely image dependent. "

best regards
nunigaia