How to install MediaPlayer2 - Updated 07/09/2016

nunigaia

scusami, nunigaia, non mi è chiaro il passaggio di rinominare il file al post 1 fig.3.
una volta fatta l'installazione dei tre ipk, bisogna rinominare il file plugil.py nella cartella xmbc, ma si sovrascrive al vecchio olo si sostituisce rinominando il vecchio tipo .old?

Il vantaggio di rinominare il file plugin.py ( original ) per es. plugin.py_ save è quello di conservare una copia del file originale. Perché se qualcosa va storto, si può sempre mettere indietro nello stato originale.

È anche possibile spostarla in una posizione di vostra scelta in una cartella del vostro pc e fare una copia di esso.

I don´t have solo4k, although nobody here on the forum says and said that you must upgrade mediaplayer to mediaplayer2 ... even for other STB´S ...
quali sono i vantaggi o le migliorie del nuovo mediaplayer rispetto al precedente?

what are the advantages or improvements of the new media player from the previous?

nunigaia

quali sono i vantaggi o le migliorie del nuovo mediaplayer rispetto al precedente?

what are the advantages or improvements of the new media player from the previous?

Afaik, Mediaplayer2 is based on original Mediaplayer.
The developer m3xl, has made some modifications to allow direct downloading and managing subtitles. ( subssuport )
Having black background in subtitles displaying, that make easy the reading of subtitles, principaly when the background of the played Media ( movie ), is to white.
Possibility of change the screen size ( av settings ) policy1 and policy2.
Control the player ( context menu ) within the plugin.
Handling almost any kind of format videos.

Some more information you can get in the development page.

best regards
nunigaia

rocuelo

Vu+ User
I don´t have solo4k, although nobody here on the forum says and said that you must upgrade mediaplayer to mediaplayer2 ... even for other STB´S ...
THE PROBLEM is on xbmc, I wanna play some video from some specific addon like APPLE THRILERS then when I chosso the movie the video only plays like 30 o 40 seconds and then stops.... I getting frustating about that all the time...

nunigaia

THE PROBLEM is on xbmc, I wanna play some video from some specific addon like APPLE THRILERS then when I chosso the movie the video only plays like 30 o 40 seconds and then stops.... I getting frustating about that all the time...

Hi @rocuelo

You can give it a try to Mediaplayer2.
As i told, i don´t have a solo4k to test it for you.

If you want follow the guide and apply Mediaplayer2 as your default Mediaplayer in XBMC.
Remember to save the file plugin.py located in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/extensions/Xbmc to a place that you can roll it back if needed. You can at least, rename for example the plugin in this folder to " plugin_original.py .... or plugin_save.py ...

Installation files --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/boa...our-default-player-on-xbmc.23381/#post-192540

Plugin.py file ( 1080p version ) -> http://www.vuplus-community.net/boa...our-default-player-on-xbmc.23381/#post-188830

1) Install subssupport plugin.
2) Install Mediaplyer2
3) As you have FullHD skins ( Matrix10 skins ) ... use instead the file plugin.py_1080p to overwrite the plugin.py located on /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/extensions/Xbmc folder.

Note: With this modification you can't play audio files with Mediaplayer2 ( inside XBMC ). ( afaik )

best regards
nunigaia

rocuelo

Vu+ User
Hi @rocuelo

You can give it a try to Mediaplayer2.
As i told, i don´t have a solo4k to test it for you.

If you want follow the guide and apply Mediaplayer2 as your default Mediaplayer in XBMC.
Remember to save the file plugin.py located in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/extensions/Xbmc to a place that you can roll it back if needed. You can at least, rename for example the plugin in this folder to " plugin_original.py .... or plugin_save.py ...

Installation files --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/boa...our-default-player-on-xbmc.23381/#post-192540

Plugin.py file ( 1080p version ) -> http://www.vuplus-community.net/boa...our-default-player-on-xbmc.23381/#post-188830

1) Install subssupport plugin.
2) Install Mediaplyer2
3) As you have FullHD skins ( Matrix10 skins ) ... use instead the file plugin.py_1080p to overwrite the plugin.py located on /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/extensions/Xbmc folder.

Note: With this modification you can't play audio files with Mediaplayer2 ( inside XBMC ). ( afaik )

best regards
nunigaia

many thanks, I will do it, and I have I finnally question, How to activate the submenu buttons?? I can deleite addons or move normally like we do with the remote control on xbmc.. how to activate that??

thanks

nunigaia

many thanks, I will do it, and I have I finnally question, How to activate the submenu buttons?? I can deleite addons or move normally like we do with the remote control on xbmc.. how to activate that??

thanks

The advantage of Mediaplayer2 with subssuport is that you don´t need to map buttons ... with the rcu ( remote control unit ) you can acess the subtitles menu directly.
I´ve posted the controls for subssuport on the Guide ( take a look to it ).

Note: You don´t need to delete any addons or start Xbmc from scratch.

Upon apply the changes i told you ... just reboot your STB ...
As @>>Artorius<< said yesterday in shoutbox don´t update "online" your SOLO4k.

best regards
nunigaia

rocuelo

Vu+ User
The advantage of Mediaplayer2 with subssuport is that you don´t need to map buttons ... with the rcu ( remote control unit ) you can acess the subtitles menu directly.
I´ve posted the controls for subssuport on the Guide ( take a look to it ).

Note: You don´t need to delete any addons or start Xbmc from scratch.

Upon apply the changes i told you ... just reboot your STB ...
As @>>Artorius<< said yesterday in shoutbox don´t update "online" your SOLO4k.

best regards
nunigaia
No sorry I tell u wrong... I mean on the remote from my box , one's I'm in the xbmc plugin... and I surf I wanna deleite some addons that I don't need or wherever.. so on my primscube box was the buttton I and I can choose what I do.. in the remote I can't find or even is not activate.... so I can't do many much things...maybe u can know or some of you mates know How to activate.

:)

nunigaia

No sorry I tell u wrong... I mean on the remote from my box , one's I'm in the xbmc plugin... and I surf I wanna deleite some addons that I don't need or wherever.. so on my primscube box was the buttton I and I can choose what I do.. in the remote I can't find or even is not activate.... so I can't do many much things...maybe u can know or some of you mates know How to activate.

:)

Yours XBMC addons must be located on /media/hdd/.xbmc/addons folder ... you can delete all that you don´t want anymore. Use an ftp tool DCC, Filezilla, or other FTP program to acess it ... The /media/hdd/.xbmc folder is an hidden folder, so you have to apply the settings of your FTP program to show hidden files.

best regards
nunigaia

nunigaia

Does Mediaplayer2 work on VTI image? or only Black Hole Image?

Sure, it will work, but i can´t give you any support for that ... Support here, only for Vuplus original STB´s and Blackhole or Open Blackhole images, sorry.

best regards
nunigaia

Pee

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks, mediaplayer2 works great on VTI & XBMC on Solo 4k :)
It would be nice to have a possibility to align external subtitles on the very bottom of the screen (just like internal subtitles appear)...

nunigaia

Thanks, mediaplayer2 works great on VTI & XBMC on Solo 4k :)
It would be nice to have a possibility to align external subtitles on the very bottom of the screen (just like internal subtitles appear)...

Open plugins, choose Subsupport Settings, drop down in the list, choose position, change % to bottom.

best regards
nunigaia

Pee

Vu+ Newbie
I tried earlier, but bottom is not the very bottom for external subs, first line is “overlaying” the movie, second line is ok (movies with aspect radio 2:35)
There is still plenty of black space left that could be used, so that both lines of subtitles would fit on black.

T3pSuFn.jpg

Tony il Capo

Vu+ Newbie
Does vfd display the default mediaplayer skin when playing stuff with MediaPlayer2? I can only see it when using default player.

nunigaia

Does vfd display the default mediaplayer skin when playing stuff with MediaPlayer2? I can only see it when using default player.

I think you want to tell LCD not VFD. Indeed it can handle media covers downloaded from internet ( throw lcd4linux ), or display covers too if they are presennt on your HDD with the same name of the media.

Tony il Capo

Vu+ Newbie
I think you want to tell LCD not VFD. Indeed it can handle media covers downloaded from internet ( throw lcd4linux ), or display covers too if they are presennt on your HDD with the same name of the media.
No, I meant VFD. My Duo2 LCD is completely customized (lcd4linux) and working great... When playing media with mp2, I just can't see the normal progress bar and the other stuff that vfd shows when playing media with the default media player.