How to set VPN in Vu+ UNO?

alikhavari

Vu+ User
Hi mates
As you may know, Iran government blockes many websites and it is not possible to visit them at all except using VPN (Virtual Private Network) solution via SOCKS protocol or such ways!
For example users cannot use subtitle plugin because its servers are blocked or we cannot access to many online servers to update skins/plugins/scripts and so on!

The question is:
How can we set VPN directly in Vu+ UNO?

Thanks for your great effort and your patient

Tamaki

Administrator
Hi mates
As you may know, Iran government blockes many websites and it is not possible to visit them at all except using VPN (Virtual Private Network) solution via SOCKS protocol or such ways!
For example users cannot use subtitle plugin because its servers are blocked or we cannot access to many online servers to update skins/plugins/scripts and so on!

The question is:
How can we set VPN directly in Vu+ UNO?

Thanks for your great effort and your patient
To begin you can try to give a look to the default config you find in /etc/openvpn
Then you should try to give a look to some guides about openvpn you find in the net not related to dec.

I'll give you some links in your pm.

alikhavari

Vu+ User
hi
Thanks. After all, if iI come to a good conclusion, I'll write a Persian pictorial guide for it, cause many many Iranian users cannot access and use many dvbapp online features!!!
thanks

Tamaki

Administrator
hi
Thanks. After all, if iI come to a good conclusion, I'll write a Persian pictorial guide for it, cause many many Iranian users cannot access and use many dvbapp online features!!!
thanks
Great job m8.
You should translate also into English, i think many people would be happy. :)

Persian Prince

Vu+ User
the main problem is that "Open VPN" usually doesn't work in iran because of the government politics

you have to use PPTP protocol but i'm afraid you can't use it in Vu+ boxes

PPTP tested with DMM boxes and confirmed working with Gemini PPTP plugin

you need these modules of course :

kernel-module-tun
kernel-module-slhc
kernel-module-ppp-generic
kernel-module-ppp-deflate
kernel-module-ppp-mppe
kernel-module-ppp-async
kernel-module-sha1
kernel-module-arc4
kernel-module-crc-ccitt

but just some of them are available for Vu+ boxes

somebody should report this to Vu+ company and i think Black Hole team is the best choice cause they are GODs of Vu+

PieFav

Administrator
the main problem is that "Open VPN" usually doesn't work in iran because of the government politics

you have to use PPTP protocol but i'm afraid you can't use it in Vu+ boxes

PPTP tested with DMM boxes and confirmed working with Gemini PPTP plugin

you need these modules of course :

kernel-module-tun
kernel-module-slhc
kernel-module-ppp-generic
kernel-module-ppp-deflate
kernel-module-ppp-mppe
kernel-module-ppp-async
kernel-module-sha1
kernel-module-arc4
kernel-module-crc-ccitt

but just some of them are available for Vu+ boxes

somebody should report this to Vu+ company and i think Black Hole team is the best choice cause they are GODs of Vu+

Pls can you explain how you use PPTP?

PPTP need a server out of Iran, you now a free server for this service?
I now Hamaci but I dont now if use PPTP

Persian Prince

Vu+ User
Pls can you explain how you use PPTP?

PPTP need a server out of Iran, you now a free server for this service?
I now Hamaci but I dont now if use PPTP

actually we're using PPTP , L2TP/IPSec , SSTP and SOCKS in iran with USA , Germany , Netherlands , Canada , France , ... IPs and they're not free

we pay for them so we can get rid of goverment restrictions , for example facebook.com we can't access it without a working VPN

Open VPN is completely closed in iran and nobody can use it

if you need an account for your tests i can give you mine with PPTP , L2TP/IPSec , SSTP protocols and different servers around the world cause i wanna help iranian people

you can easily use YouTube plugin in your STBs but for us it's not just like that

we should share a vpn in windows xp or 7 then access it via a NAT enabled router or modem so we can watch YouTube clips

as you can see we're in lot of trouble here and we're not like our goverment we're just like other people with normal life wishes

alikhavari

Vu+ User
Dear BH Team,
We will be much happier, if we can access to a real free internet via pptp/ socks or similar protocols.
please help us to enjoy more from our Vu+ boxes.
Thanks

PieFav

Administrator
actually we're using PPTP , L2TP/IPSec , SSTP and SOCKS in iran with USA , Germany , Netherlands , Canada , France , ... IPs and they're not free

we pay for them so we can get rid of goverment restrictions , for example facebook.com we can't access it without a working VPN

Open VPN is completely closed in iran and nobody can use it

if you need an account for your tests i can give you mine with PPTP , L2TP/IPSec , SSTP protocols and different servers around the world cause i wanna help iranian people

you can easily use YouTube plugin in your STBs but for us it's not just like that

we should share a vpn in windows xp or 7 then access it via a NAT enabled router or modem so we can watch YouTube clips

as you can see we're in lot of trouble here and we're not like our goverment we're just like other people with normal life wishes
tnk for the replay

I no need account I use a server PPTP for my job.

My be the problem of OpenVPN is to find a commercial server with use openVPN