How to setup Crossepg {XEPGDB providers} on a USB stick

jahirshy

Vu+ Newbie
hello when I Update XEPGDB Providers I only get 4 providers any one got any ideas
I have no rytec providers at all

jahirshy

Vu+ Newbie
if I use rytec providers in xmltv format it doesn't seem to load
it gets to parsing events and appears to download then it just seems to hang

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
if I use rytec providers in xmltv format it doesn't seem to load
it gets to parsing events and appears to download then it just seems to hang
Try just waiting for a while and then press OK button to continue when the popup seems frozen on the screen. I found this problem in CrossEPG downloader operation.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
I've noticed that XMLTV is loading much longer comparing to XEPGDB :(
Sure, it's uncompressed, tagged plain text, so for importing it requires more processing power than a packed, native and optimized format as XEPGDB (XEPG=CrossEPG, DB=database).

However XLM is a standard and open format, and so it that can be used by many different applications.

jahirshy

Vu+ Newbie
anyone got any ideas why when parsing xmltv it seems to download about half way then freezes the solo or duo up
the last 2 black hole flashes it has done this, the older ones were fine

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
The XML files can be very large, so there might be a problem of available space on the target storage device.

Bogdan

Vu+ Newbie

As follows:-

1} Press Menu on your STB Remote Control and choose SETUP {1}
View attachment 9671
2} Then select CrossEPG {2}
View attachment 9672 3} Press Configure and in this menu you will setup the location to store the EPG data.
The best place is on a USB stick, because it is fast. You should see a menu similar to this {3}
View attachment 9673
4} Now Press the RED button to save and you will go back to the CrossEPG main menu.
Next you must Update XEPGDB Providers, the info page will look like this {4}
View attachment 9674
5} Now your provider list has been updated, so now select XEPGDB providers {5}
View attachment 9675
6} In the XEPGDB providers menu, just select the provider(s) that you want to download,
the info page will look like this {6}
View attachment 9676
7} Now press the Yellow button to download the 3 providers that were selected.
*On the first generation boxes (Solo, Duo, Uno and Ultimo), it is a good idea to only select 2 or 3 providers as the epg data fills up the memory very quickly*. On the Solo2 you can select all packages without any issues. {7}
View attachment 9677
8} Now your EPG is ready to used {8}
View attachment 9678
9} To update your EPG data, you can either navigatie into the main CrossEPG menu, and select Download now, or you can Press the Green button @STB Remote Control and use the CrossEPG Downloader. {9}
View attachment 9679
9.1} After Pressing CrossEPG Downloader the data will be download, converted and then loaded ready for use automatically. {9.1}
View attachment 9680

*** The above guide can also be used for the Rytec EPG packages, just select Rytec instead of XEPGDB and follow the above guide ***

Thank you EVO and Artorius in help with translation

Rgds

As follows:-

1} Press Menu on your STB Remote Control and choose SETUP {1}
View attachment 9671
2} Then select CrossEPG {2}
View attachment 9672 3} Press Configure and in this menu you will setup the location to store the EPG data.
The best place is on a USB stick, because it is fast. You should see a menu similar to this {3}
View attachment 9673
4} Now Press the RED button to save and you will go back to the CrossEPG main menu.
Next you must Update XEPGDB Providers, the info page will look like this {4}
View attachment 9674
5} Now your provider list has been updated, so now select XEPGDB providers {5}
View attachment 9675
6} In the XEPGDB providers menu, just select the provider(s) that you want to download,
the info page will look like this {6}
View attachment 9676
7} Now press the Yellow button to download the 3 providers that were selected.
*On the first generation boxes (Solo, Duo, Uno and Ultimo), it is a good idea to only select 2 or 3 providers as the epg data fills up the memory very quickly*. On the Solo2 you can select all packages without any issues. {7}
View attachment 9677
8} Now your EPG is ready to used {8}
View attachment 9678
9} To update your EPG data, you can either navigatie into the main CrossEPG menu, and select Download now, or you can Press the Green button @STB Remote Control and use the CrossEPG Downloader. {9}
View attachment 9679
9.1} After Pressing CrossEPG Downloader the data will be download, converted and then loaded ready for use automatically. {9.1}
View attachment 9680

*** The above guide can also be used for the Rytec EPG packages, just select Rytec instead of XEPGDB and follow the above guide ***

Thank you EVO and Artorius in help with translation

Rgds

tameside1

Vu+ Newbie
YipMan- how did you manage to get crossepg to work perfectly ?
i have started from scratch with a new genuine vu+ duo, flashed it with bh 2.1.4, followed the installation wizard in setting up, did a service scan, and then followed the above tutorial to the letter. could not get the epg to work. i ran the above again but used the internal hdd instead of a flash drive, no epg. i have been at this for a week now and i am tearing my hair out with it and on the verge of throwing it in the bin, but obviously i am reluctant to throw away £200, i would rather have it working so i will try some more but any advice anyone can give me would be much appreciated.

NsC0001

Vu+ Newbie
Hi
I have a new VU+ SoloSE and I'm also struggling to get the EPG to work on BH 2.1.4. After image flash it seemed ok but then all the epg disappeared. I have tried changing setting to USB and auto refresh at different times but each day i have to manually download epg.