How to update without loosing settings???

Hollowman

Vu+ Newbie
Hello!

Is it possible to update the software from 3.0.8 to 3.0.9 saving the following?...

1. global SAT settings
2. installed plugins and add-ons
3. stored service provider list
4. stored channel list
5. network settings

Thanks!

AlexWilMac

1) If you mean TUNERS's settings, you can copy all the lines from /etc/enigma2/settings which start by
config.NIMS

2) Difficult and not advisable. Much better to reinstall every lugins.
You can try anyway saving the so called Peronal Backup by the backup section of the GUI. But don't rely on it too much...

3) ??? Do you mean satellites.xml? Not necessary but if you customised it, you should already know where it is located (/etc/tuxbox).
If you have never customised it, you don't need to do anything because it's part of every image. Please explain.
If mean 4) see below.

4) Always possible, in many ways: computer software like iDreamX, Dreamboxedit, DCC, or simply by the OWIF and a browser ;)

5) Some are in the same settings file I already mentioned in point 1. But the initial wizard will do the job in a tenth of the time you want to spend to go hunting them as configuration files...

Blusat

Vu+ Newbie
Alex,

I know the Owif, but how to simply save the channels from the browser ? (i can see the channels but do not see a « save » option).
Thanks.

Mick12334

Just use dreamboxedit, to download your channels, from your receiver, save them, and even edit them, and send back to your receiver.

AlexWilMac

Alex,

I know the Owif, but how to simply save the channels from the browser ? (i can see the channels but do not see a « save » option).
Thanks.
Scroll down and you'll see, on the left menu, Bouquet Editor. Choose export and it'll download them as whatever other downloaded files.
I suggest to give it a name containing the date.

It's more limited than software, but I've never had any troubles in restoring by it.
Instead, every software sometimes introduce some odd result (included DBE, @Mick12334) if they use their own satellites.xml instead of yours.
OWIF Bouquet editor is maybe limited but keeps thing simple. No surprises.