HowTo flash/update Vu+ images

Mito

Administrator
To install a new image, you need an empty USB stick FAT32 formatted.
  1. Download image zip file for your Vu+ model;
  2. Unzip the zip file and you will have a folder named vuplus and under the folder, you will have another folder named after the model of your VuPlus set;
  3. Copy the vuplus folder (including all the sub folders and files in it) to root folder of your USB stick;
  4. WARNING!!! If you have any folder named vuplus on any device connected to your Vu+, delete the folder or rename it;
  5. Turn off your Vu+;
  6. Disconnect all USB flash drives connected to your receiver;
  7. If your receiver is equipped with a front USB port (Duo2, Ultimo, etc.), insert the USB stick in it, otherwise you can insert the USB stick in a rear port.;
  8. Turn on your Vu+.

If, for any reason, the upgrade fails, first disconnect any USB devices connected to your Vu+ and then try again to install the new image.
If the upgrade fails again, try to use another USB stick.

Vu+ Duo
DUO.png
Update is done when upgrade completed message is shown on the display.

Vu+ Duo2
DUO2.jpg
Push POWER button on the box (not on remote control!) when message appears on display.

Vu+ Solo
SOLO.png
Update is done when green light blinks on the front panel.

Vu+ Solo2
SOLO2.png
Push POWER button on the box (not on remote control!) when message appears on display.

Vu+ SoloSE
soloSE.png
Update is done when the LED on front panel remains lit briefly and then starts blinking rapidly.

Vu+ Ultimo
ULTIMO.png
Push - button on the box (not on remote control!) when message appears on display.

Vu+ Uno
UNO.png
Push CH- button on the box (not on remote control!) when message appears on display.

Vu+ Zero
zero.png
Update is done when the LED blinks on the front panel.

Since it doesn't seems to be enough clear, we specify that to starting the Ultimo update, you have to press the button shown in the following picture.

ultimo.jpg

Last edited:

kobarp

Vu+ Newbie
Hi.
i have the vu+ solo and i folowed your indications.
nothing hapens....i mean no green blink now other color, just rebut of vu+ and nothing more.
can you please help?
thnx in advance

Mito

Administrator
Hi.
i have the vu+ solo and i folowed your indications.
nothing hapens....i mean no green blink now other color, just rebut of vu+ and nothing more.
can you please help?
thnx in advance
Did you try to use another USB stick?

Duncan Sant

Vu+ Newbie
hi, sorry if this is silly, but do I need to back up any config file or my TV settings / channel lists before I upgrade the image? I currently have 2 boxes with 1.7.8 on them. Thanks!

a911

The BH Lover
hi, sorry if this is silly, but do I need to back up any config file or my TV settings / channel lists before I upgrade the image? I currently have 2 boxes with 1.7.8 on them. Thanks!

U can if wanted !
Only use software manager for backup!

patmyhead

Vu+ Newbie
i have had a vti image on my duo for some time now ,this image came as a usb file
how do i change a image rar file to usb file, i have tried extracting the file using winzip but that does not work
what am i doing wrong ,not that clever with using my laptop so in easy to understand help if you could please
thanks

a911

The BH Lover
i have had a vti image on my duo for some time now ,this image came as a usb file
how do i change a image rar file to usb file, i have tried extracting the file using winzip but that does not work
what am i doing wrong ,not that clever with using my laptop so in easy to understand help if you could please
thanks

Re extract the file from rar and then zip the file into a Zip-file (using zipping file)... No need to add the USB name to the file!
It will work normally!

Mito

Administrator
thanks
To expand the .rar file you need a software like RarZilla, search it by google.

YipMan

Vu+ User
Hi!
For the first time I turned on my vu + SOLO2 and I as image exprimental which dates from 2012.
So my 2 questions :
1 / What is the version of BH can I put in my decoder ?
A, B, C or D?
2 / Before turning the BH version is that it is put to necassaire update online my first version of Experimental?
thank you

Mito

Administrator
Hi!
For the first time I turned on my vu + SOLO2 and I as image exprimental which dates from 2012.
So my 2 questions :
1 / What is the version of BH can I put in my decoder ?
A, B, C or D?
2 / Before turning the BH version is that it is put to necassaire update online my first version of Experimental?
thank you
1) You can install the last BH image available: Black Hole Vu+ Solo2 2.0.2 Rev. D
2) You don't need any update to install the BH image.