HowTo flash/update Vu+ images

AlexWilMac

1) Try different flashdrives: some are not digested...
2) Better use not large ones (8/16 Gb is safer)
3) Partition as MBR (for those who use OsX)
4) Disconnect anything else from USB ports
5) Try also rear port and not only the front one

lvt

Vu+ Newbie
Io ho installato openpli ma vorrei ritornare alla black hole...posso seguire questo procedimento??

tomzza

Vu+ Newbie
Hello
I have vu+ duo2 where was bad capacitor's on motherboard, i changed them all. Only white led on front when i switch rear on/off switch if i push power button white led blinking.
I tried to connect usb stick flash/bootloader or (force) notting happen (six diffrent usb stick 1gb-8gb fat32). Only Com port work i got putty log YYYYYYYYYYYYYYY... only.
I have jtag Formals and Broadband Studio 3 but I do not have chip drivers bcm7425. Whether there is any other way flash duo2?? or some program with rs232???.

Last edited:

artsi-

Vu+ Newbie
My Vu+ solo2 do not upgrade via USB, only Starting.. seems to be in display, what I can do? When I connect it to my laptop by LAN cabel green led blinks once per second and orange plinks randomly

nibo

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, not sure I'm in the right place.

I have Duo2 and BH 3.0.3.J, and your latest releases are not possible to upgrade online from J. How can I upgrade to P (for instance), without losing any of my settings (fine tuning motor) and bouquets etc?

doedany

Vu+ Newbie
Hi ,
I want to update my vu+ zero from BH 3.0.1 to latest version but I don`t know how to backup my channel list , i don`t want to lose them . Can someone let me know please ?
Thanks

AlexWilMac

Have you, al least, tried a quick search on Google? There are already thousands of messages about this same, common subject. This is what the netiquette of forums says.
To backup your channel list you also forgot to tell us which operative system do you use: or do you think there is only one?
iDreamX for Mac, Dreamboxedit for win or manually, saving your etc/enigma2 folder (even though this last one contains also other files).

doedany

Vu+ Newbie
off course I tried , but on the end is shows me an error and on dreamboxedit its not shows me the channels list like is on receiver , like bouquets it`s shows me all channels just in the left side of the dreamboxedit .

Verbinden mit 192.168.0.20.
Verbunden.
Dreambox response: Login successful.
** Retrieving file list of "/etc/enigma2/" **
FTP-Transfer wird gestartet
Transfer abgeschlossen
** Retrieving file list of "/etc/enigma2/" **
Transfer abgeschlossen
** Retrieving file "/etc/enigma2/settings" **
Transfer abgeschlossen
** Retrieving file "/etc/enigma2/lamedb" **
Transfer abgeschlossen
** Retrieving file "/etc/enigma2/whitelist" **
Transfer abgeschlossen
** Retrieving file "/etc/enigma2/blacklist" **
Transfer abgeschlossen
** Retrieving file "/etc/enigma2/bouquets.tv" **
Transfer abgeschlossen
** Retrieving file "/etc/enigma2/userbouquet.Eir_King_IPTV__tv_.tv" **
Transfer abgebrochen
Error retrieving file "userbouquet.Eir_King_IPTV__tv_.tv" from the Dreambox.
Verbindung wird getrennt.
Verbindung getrennt.

AlexWilMac

There's also another easy chance: OpenWebIF.
So, if you type your box IP in a web browser you'll have the OWIF and there there is also the bouquet editor. Export your bouquets and then you'll be able to reimport (again by OWIF) after the reinstalling.

granadir

Vu+ Newbie
Hi.
On my Vu Duo I have BH 2.1.4 installed.
Try to upgrade to 2.1.6 , then to 3.05 but failed.
Try to flash inserting USB stick in front and also on back side , but after "Starting" and for a moment "Reading" box revert again to "Starting" and go to VuDuo....
Try with different sticks , but always failed.When try to re-flash with BH 2..1.4 all procedure passed normally, USB is read and BH is installed O.K.
Please advice me what I can do to upgrade my box with image BH 3.0.5

nunigaia

Hi.
On my Vu Duo I have BH 2.1.4 installed.
Try to upgrade to 2.1.6 , then to 3.05 but failed.
Try to flash inserting USB stick in front and also on back side , but after "Starting" and for a moment "Reading" box revert again to "Starting" and go to VuDuo....
Try with different sticks , but always failed.When try to re-flash with BH 2..1.4 all procedure passed normally, USB is read and BH is installed O.K.
Please advice me what I can do to upgrade my box with image BH 3.0.5

Remove, if you have it, all usb devices attached to your STB and retry the reflashing.

Usb devices like, HDD, Usb Wireless devices, tuners, etc.

best regards
nunigaia

granadir

Vu+ Newbie
Bootloader is boot_cfe_auto.jffs2 - same in images BH 2.1.4 and 2.1.6 or 3.0.5
No other USB except internal HD are attached.
How come re-flashing of BH 2.1 4 passing without problem and all other images NO

Mick12334

The bootloader has nothing to do with the image, it was updated, by the manufacturer, to enable some VU+ models to load later images. I can't recall when it was first required.
Have you ever updated the bootloader?

Before attempting to update the bootloader, and image, please ensure that your receiver is a genuine VU+ model and not a clone.

Last edited:

granadir

Vu+ Newbie
Yes, updated bootloader with latest version.
My Vu Duo is 100% genuine.
What is very strange I mentioned above, re-flashing the box with BH 2.1.4 every time passed without problem, but when attempting to upgrade first next image after inserted USB stick and start the box- I can see "Starting" and very short flash "Read USB' and again "Starting" - then Vu Duo
In the past I had upgraded this box several times but now I can't.

AlexWilMac

Anyway, as Duo is quite old, I much recommend you the OBH, that is much lighter (and more comfortable, in my opinion).